Who uses autokey?

Just wondering :wink:

about half the time. Sometimes, it’s a real timesaver.

all the time … just a matter of habitude :shrug:

Originally posted by hrgiger
about half the time. Sometimes, it’s a real timesaver.
Yeah, I should have put a third option: “Sometimes - it depends on what I’m animating”… Mods, are you able to add this? :slight_smile:

I do since it’s automagically on and I’m too lazy to turn it off :slight_smile:

oyyy, I think theres already been a post/poll!?

Being ancient I dont use it. But the new character animator types will say its great.
I can see how, when moving all those poses you dont want to hit enter repeatedly.
But for motion graphics, I think its better to finalize your movements by manually creating a key.

Its too damn easy to be moving something and accidently select a different object, camera whatever, and totally screw yourself!

With multiple undos in 8, perhaps I will start to use autokey.
hmm wonder how well thats going to work?

I used to hate it because if you made a change, you where screwed. But ever since I remapped my undo and redo to the standard <ctrl> Z, I’ve been using it ever since. I’ve found that I actually make less mistakes now because whatever I move gets keyed. In the past, I would often forget to key something and mess things up.

-=GB=-

I only sometimes use it. If I am animating I will. If I am just arranging everything in a scene then I don’t.

most of the time I do…

i dont use the autokey after it didnt work for me on 5.5 (that was supposed to have it right) so i just got used to hitting enter all the time…

i use it now, but i still make keys manually all the time too!

Autokey is on. But for some unknown reason, everytime I make a modification I hit Enter :blush:

Therefore I use and don’t use autokey :smiley:

with the all new unlimited undo in Layout…I leave it on :slight_smile:

Originally posted by proton
with the all new unlimited undo in Layout…

Welcome to the 90’s Newtek! :wink:

are we in the 90’s already…cool I get to party like it’s 1999 :bounce:

Same over here telamon, I always hit enter anyway ! :rolleyes:

Hey, the 80’s where great, lets just stay there Newtek (80’s revival) :blush:

if doing character animation i have it off and hit enter to create a key, but if doing layout animation basic stuffm eg cars moving etc
i have it on with linear on as well then edit on graph editor :slight_smile:

but looking forward to Lw 8 proton leaving it on would be cool :thumbsup:
I’ll just sit here waiting for that download link …:cry:

Always “on”. A matter of habit as well. “Auto Key Create : Modified Channel” activated too.

If I do a mistake, it isn’t a problem to edit the spline through Graph Editor…

Originally posted by Facial Deluxe
[B]Always “on”. A matter of habit as well. “Auto Key Create : Modified Channel” activated too.

If I do a mistake, it isn’t a problem to edit the spline through Graph Editor… [/B]

Yup - Ditto for me - I get annoyed when someone uses my machine and turns it off! :slight_smile:

Plus it means stuff like reference-item controlled textures update in realtime, amongst other things in LW (motion modifiers, etc) that need keyframe data to do their job…

Always “on” for me too.

Always on. I can’t imagine working any other way. Hitting enter twice for every keyframe? man my finger hurts just thinking about it :stuck_out_tongue:

I feel like having it off is the software second guessing me… I move the item then Layout asks “you sure?” I so don’t have time for that…