White fringing on layered shader?

I have a layered shader that’s basically just a red symbol on a background material that I’ve applied to an object. It’s causing me two issues…
First, you’ll notice in the attached example that I’m getting kind of an odd white fringing effect, more noticeable on the upper half, but in a Maya render view it’s much more apparent at turns or bends (see the arrows) or so it seems to me, but I have no idea why that even happens.

Second, the red outline is a 150dpi png that should look crisp and sharp, and maybe it’s the white fringe that’s causing it to appear so fragmented. But it should be very sharp, so if anyone knows how to fix that too I’d appreciate the advice.white%20fringe

It should look crisp and sharp because it’s 150dpi?
What the heck that means ?

And what the heck am I doing in maya section?

Well, I’m not sure if you are being smug and rude, but if not then be aware that’s the way your reply first occurred to me. It also isn’t clear if you are asking why you are in the Maya section or why I am, but my question is about a layered shader issue in Maya so I sure thought this was the right section.

As for 150dpi, I’m going to presume you know what dpi means, so I doubt you were trying to be helpful? I was simply noting that the png image is not a low res 72 dpi image, etc, in case someone wondered and in the event that resolution could make a big difference. If that’s not an issue then no harm done.

I’d appreciate helpful answers and suggestions…even if it’s just to tell me what section this questions should be in.

To answer my own question after finding some hints from searching online–the problem seemed to be that an “Exposure” setting had somehow been set too high.

I fixed it by going into the “Layered Shader Attributes”, selecting the Lambert that has the actual .png image being used, then click the triangle/arrow to the right end of “Transparency”…

Scroll down to “Color Balance” and open that and the top entry is “Exposure”. I had to drop that from 1.00 to -2.5 . That darkened the color a bit also, but going back and raising the saturation and brightness in the original image boosted the red again. Reducing the exposure got rid of the bright ‘fringing’, which also got rid of most of the rough edges making the outline look much better.