Where are custom xpresso pools saved on Windows?

In Cinema 4D, I can create a custom xpresso pool by dragging over an xgroup. This makes it easier to re-use complicated node setups. However, suppose I want to back up these custom xgroups. Where on disk are they saved (what filename and filepath)? I would like to keep a copy in case I need to re-install at some point in the future.

Here’s an example of what it is I want to back up:

In the XPresso Editor window, it’s as simple as highlighting the XGroup and then going to File > Save XGroup as… and in Windows, you can choose where it’s stored or by default into C:\Users[YOURUSERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\MAXON[YOURVERSIONOFC4D]\library\xgroup

Although that is an easy way to back up each one by one, but that’s probably not the best way if you have a lot of them. My custom Xpresso Xgroups do not appear in that folder on their own. The custom groups that appear in my xpresso pool have to be saved on disk somewhere (otherwise they wouldn’t be there each time I load C4D), so I was wondering about that file specifically. I’m sure they are stored in some kind of preferences file, but I don’t know which one. Any idea?

A couple of suggestions:

• Look in (Windows) C:\Program Files\MAXON[YOURVERSIONOFC4D]\library\xnode (location of XPresso System Presets - file is called System Presets.xgr)
  • Search your hard disk for *.xgr or *.xma files (on Windows, I use a program called Everything [https://www.voidtools.com] to search hard disk very quickly as opposed to Windows search)

Thank you, this was very helpful.