whats the latest on motiondesign

hi guys,

i was just wondering what the latest was on the mental ray dvd from motiondesign.biz i knew that there were problems with this guy as alot of people have pre-ordered and hadn’t recieved anything.

thanks

I wonder what was in the DVD that couldnt be released until Maya 6 was out. IBL option? What else could have been signifigant to delay the release of the DVD. I know its all politics but from a users point of view I think it would be intresting to know.

The latest is: The guy is still a crook and a theif.

Originally posted by BillSpradlin
The latest is: The guy is still a crook and a theif.

Probably Bill Flemmings brother, or half-brother at least. They both have the same business and work ethic.

has anyone done anything about this guy then? like for internet fraud etc…

Originally posted by pixelmonk
Probably Bill Flemmings brother, or half-brother at least. They both have the same business and work ethic.

I got ‘scammed’ by Bill Flemming too a few years ago now.

:hmm:

Has anyone who ordered the mental ray dvd tried to get a refund? I’ve tried to contact the guy numerous times to request a refund, but still no response. I’ve also filed a Buyer Complaint with Paypal, but they won’t do anything about it. Has anyone been able to get a response from the guy? What can I do to get my hard earned money back? I should never have placed the order.

File a complaint with the FBI internet fraud department. If enough people do so, then something might happen. I’ve already filed a complaint with Paypal but as stated, they won’t do much except for flag his account to be shut off.

Weird… His web site had some good info on it too. Too bad he turned out to be a crook. He better do something before he’s blacklisted forever.

We don’t really know that he’s a crook guys, he could’ve been hit by a car or something and is recovering in hospital.

Who knows!

We just need some sort of contact from him… Surely by complaining to PayPal there’d be a way to get your money back without needing the FBI etc

:surprised

Paypal has a 30 day money back policy. It’s been 7-8 months since this has gone on, that’s more than enough time for him to at least offer some sort of contact.

Well, he SEEMED pretty straight-forward at the time (good presentation etc.) so…
he’s either an undercover PayPal employee, or his approximation editor defaults to ‘view independant’ :smiley:

Atwooki

Could someone in Hamburg, Germany ring…

Ask for a Jerry Naujoks.

He’s an “Acting Partner” at DNS Multimedia Factory…

Lets get some answers… or if someone has a big wallet… +49 is Germany’s country code I think.

Just to let know all those of you who, as myself, didn’t get any email from motiondesign:

I just phoned Jerry Naujoks who told me that the DVD will be finally shipped next week. There were some additional issues to resolve, this time with Mental Images, but with the unexpected fast release of Maya 6 and MentalRay 3.3 it’s all settled now.

:hmm: Hope this time it’s for real …

I’ll believe it when my DVD is in my mailbox.

I wonder,
Has this DVD title something more than what we have discussed
here, in the past few months?

Just wondering…

Originally posted by devdoka
[B]I wonder,
Has this DVD title something more than what we have discussed
here, in the past few months?

Just wondering… [/B]

Probably nothing on this DVD that you couldn’t learn from this board or going through numerous tutorials across the net. But it can’t be underestimated how great it would be to have information on all the different features in one handy place as well as having probably some nice tips and tricks mentioned that you didn’t already know about. Personally, I’m just starting learning MR now, and I’m going to keep an eye on this and see if people end up getting their DVDs because if they do, then I’m going to order one as well.

Alias, Mental Images, I bet next there will be issues with the Post Office.

He could have very easily just posted the stuff from the DVD in a private member section on his website like he said he would 3 months ago. I would have been happy with that for the time being.

Man…imagine if he’s died or something!

I really hope he pulls through whatever the situation is, he seemed really cool to start with.

:shrug: