What thing I cant show in a 3D still?

What thing I cant show in a 3D still?

Im working right now on something very disturbing and I think maybe its have a too mature subject in it. How far can I go? Sorry but I must keep my idee secret. Just too know if you think there is a limit?

Well, given the fact that it’s your image you can do whatever you want with it. As a matter of fact, it’s preferable that you show as much as you want to.
If anyone will like it is a whole other matter :slight_smile:

SAmi

Maybe I should ask it like that. Whats the public can tolerate? Just an EXEMPLE : Do you think the public will accept an image where you see somebody(an adult) killing a baby or a children??

Do you think the public will accept an image where you see somebody(an adult) killing a baby or a children??

Probably not.

And most definitely not here.

Originally posted by Pikmin
Do you think the public will accept an image where you see somebody(an adult) killing a baby or a children??

Thread voted a 5 for Batshit Insane Factor.

in a graphic fashion? I don’t think it would go over well.

But the context/message of the piece is also important. The bible has a story in which God tells a father to kill his son (he is stopped by god at the last moment), and in that context i would think it would be acceptable.
Or in a war context, or something like that.

But i think you should not actually show the moment of killing. Maybe the anticipation, maybe in a not-terribly graphic way, the aftermath, but not the moment of.

hmmm… what if the adult were a ninja, and the child had just beat him at street fighter II? would that be acceptable? (sorry, but that’s the current short I’m working on.)

then i will take back everything i just said. I don’t see that short as being very funny (unless that wasn’t your intention, being funny i mean), unless of course you find the right audience.

Originally posted by jbo
hmmm… what if the adult were a ninja, and the child had just beat him at street fighter II? would that be acceptable?

well not only is it acceptabule.but checking the ninja oath i took, its mandatory…for you have shamed your self your famly and your ancestors…you must slay the child…then sicide by folding a frisbi in half and shoveing it in your mouth as far as you can,then let go…

p.s ninjas are cool,and by cool i mean totaly kick ass

nope, kids, babies, puppies, and bunnies always have to win against the odds. People just don’t like to see them get killed (well, sometimes bunnies get killed, but those are bunnies that deserve it). Like, you know that little, tiny clip at the end of Finding Nemo? The one where that little tiny fish is onscreen, and the big nasty deep-sea fish appears behind him… and it looks like the little fish is going to die, but then he eats the big fish, all of a sudden. That’s funny because the little guy beat the big guy - and not in a violent way.

LOL… well as logn as it clears the websites policies http://www.cgtalk.com/policy.php

Of course you can push the threshold of these rules as long as the subject is partially clothed and not being penetrated by the thing or person that is preparing to rape/murder them.

Don’t mix sex and violence otherwise I don’t see anything specific in the polcies about the age of any subject or character involved in either. It’s subjective I suppose and to the descretion of the moderators and admins. Responses would probably range from Kewl to your are sick.

So perhaps if the child being killed was a robot then perhaps it would be okay as logn as the adult was an alien.

Or let’s put it this way… what would your mother think? :wink:

Originally posted by the sparky
nope, kids, babies, puppies, and bunnies always have to win against the odds. People just don’t like to see them get killed (well, sometimes bunnies get killed, but those are bunnies that deserve it). Like, you know that little, tiny clip at the end of Finding Nemo? The one where that little tiny fish is onscreen, and the big nasty deep-sea fish appears behind him… and it looks like the little fish is going to die, but then he eats the big fish, all of a sudden. That’s funny because the little guy beat the big guy - and not in a violent way.

yeah people are weird like that. what you just said remind me of the movie Roger and me by michael Moore where a bunny is clubed in the head ( a lady was killing it to sell it as food) and michael explained in an interview that he got tons of critisism saying that showing a rabit get killed was an outrage yet he got 0 letters about showing an African American getting beaten earlier.

its really to bad that you cant put anything to contraversial on this site. it would be nice to push the limits a bit farther ( you always have to push limits as far as they can go) and if you do decide to make a contraversial bit that can not be shown on this site could you send me a PM I would love to see it.

Intesseting reply. A movie I saw called (in french), “C’est arrivé pres de chez vous”, In this movie you see a children kill by a man with help of other people. ITs an excellent movie who received a lot of award and you see this disurbing scene.

Just to know if the 3D community will accept thing you can see in movies.

I think there is a way to show thing. I don’t want to make the most disturbing picture ever, that not my point.

Suggest a thing happen without showing it. D’you remember the movie 8mm. You suggest , but you dont exactly know what happen.

Goon : This is what exactly what I want to show.

gmask: I dont think my mother will love it. :slight_smile:

>>>Just to know if the 3D community will accept thing you can see in movies.

As long as it’s tasteful and not too graphic there shouldn’t be a problem

Dude, i love really disturbing stuff.

<---------------------------- Im disturbed

If ya want ta, PM it to me. Always to cool ta see. But like people said, I’d try the ban-free route and not post it.

Good that u asked.

I recommend avoid watermarking the image with Dale Williams. :beer:

Maybe I should ask it like that. Whats the public can tolerate? Just an EXEMPLE : Do you think the public will accept an image where you see somebody(an adult) killing a baby or a children??

I would say it depends on where you want to publish your work.

If it is meant to be shown mainly in the U.S. you shouldn´t be worried to much about showing excessive violence in all its brutal facets. Almost nobody will become unsettled.

But be very very cautious about nudity. Don´t show any nude breast or other parts (besides hands, arms and face) of the human anatomy undressed.
THAT is something the american public can´t bear :eek: and im sure it would cause you lots of trouble.

IMO , showing violence is worst than nudity. I dont get the fact why violence is more tolerate than nudity.:shrug:

In japan we tolerate hentai… rape an stuffs… but not so sure in america

Originally posted by ???
In japan we tolerate hentai… rape an stuffs… but not so sure in america

The subject of rape certainly isn’t popular for purposes of geneal and animated entertainment in the US like it is in Japan but that does not mean that it isn’t available.