Welcome to the Digital Matte Painting forum!

Hey guys!

My names Kam and I’m a Junior Roto artist but I’m really trying to get my foot in the door with matte painting. I don’t know if I already posted on here before to say hi. But I thought I’d do it now just incase :slight_smile:

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/kam-concept <—Some of my more recent work is on here. But I still have a lot to learn.

Nice to meet everyone!

Welcome to the community guys. Feel free to create a new thread and share some of your strongest work or most recent WIP here on the forum. David and I have also been discussing a sticky thread with links to photo reference, so if you have any good suggestions, go ahead and post it here…

Hey everyone my name is Max!

I am a CG Generalist that sometimes has the rare opportunity to work on Look Dev and Art Direction. I enjoy all different fields of work but I am mainly interested in concept design, especially environment and matte painting.

While I know a lot coming from the 3D side I am currently trying to catch up more from the painting/sketching/drawing side. I like projects that push me beyond my known limits, especially if I can take something completely from creation to finish.

I see a lot of great artwork here, lots of things to learn… and hopefully connect to some interesting people.

Looking forward to participate more on cg society!

Have a good day,
Max

Welcome Max. Nice to have you here,
and thank you for your valuable feedback you have already provided across the forum.
Looking forward to seeing some of your personal work here.

Milan

Hello everybody my name is Nick Russell

I’m an illustrator just starting to get into Matte Painting. David Luong told me about this forum so here I am. I look forward to learning, sharing and seeing all the awesome work being posted here!

Hio Nick,

Welcome to the forum, and great to see you drop by here!! Looking forward to your progress too :slight_smile:

Hi David Luong!

I am Yggy!!

I really interesting in your Octerber challenge and wanna join so much!
but I have some questions about it.

1. What size of the final work?
  2. Could I join the challenge on behalf of the company or this challenge preserve for individual person only?

Looking forward to see your answer!
thanks!

1. Please submit final works in preview form of at least 1000px (jpg) width and while there is no set format for this month’s challenge, we recommend a 16:9 aspect ratio, as this is mostly an industry standard DMP practice for all participants. (edited by Milan)
  2. This is for an individual only, and personal work.

Hi there,
I have questions about the prize.
I have won the 2nd prize in October DMP challenge and according to forum leader, I will get
:‘2nd Prize: 1x CGTOD, 1 x Ballistic Book of Choice, 1 x CGSConnect Membership’
but I have no idea how can I access to CGTOD or how to get those Ballistic Book of Choice

could you tell me how? :curious:

Heyo Aeaey,

I sent you a private message regarding this, please check it out and let me know if that helps!

Thank you for this, I’ll be here often :slight_smile:

I’m finally tightening my focus to Matte Painting/ illustration work, and am looking forward to developing my skills with this community. I’ll be posting my mini challenge WIP by this Sunday, and look forward to all the feedback.

No problem! Glad you are here Sophya :slight_smile:

Hi, my name is Alejandro Lavrador, I’m an engineer/physicist that found a bit late that my passion is Computer VFX and Digital Matte Painting.

I’ve been learning by myself for the last year and a half, and I also took a CG Workshop with Heather Abels, great professor it helped me a lot, and the feedback from her and the other students really helped me to improve.

I would like to post here some WIPs of my current paintings, to be able to improve and develop them to a good final result, as I would like to start making a demo reel to apply for an intern DMP position this year in MPC or some other vfx company here in Germany or London maybe.

Thanks everybody and best regards =)

Welcome! Glad you found your true passion. Heather is a wonderful teacher isn’t she? Please start your own thread in the main forum and post away when you can!

When is the next Digital Matte Painting Challenge coming??

…working on it right now. Should be up in a jiffy.

I am definitely looking forward to the next one! Hoping it’s really soon.

Hi CGTalk Mods,

Can I discuss about a digital matte painting contest that, I’m organising at a premier matte painting forum, please? We need members of CGS to know about this great contest! Any response is dearly welcome! Take care.

Sure why not, anything relating to matte painting is fine to post here. Please create a new thread though, and not post it in here.

Hey David, :slight_smile:

Thanks a-lot man for the reply! Sure, I will. Take care.

Thanks,