Tamar Mebonia / Week 4/
Mzeqala is all prepped up, but there were unexpected pitfalls along the path, which I’ll address further in this post.
But first, beauty shots.
Pitfall #1: While my original intention was to carry out the task in Maya, during these 2 months I had to abandon it and switch to Blender instead. Blender 2.8 doesn’t have UDIMS. I believe an experimental build of 2.81 had them (I still don’t know if they implemented it, haven’t upgraded. Either way it was too late when that version came out), and it was unstable and didn’t perform well for me, for which I stuck to the 2.8 version and went about it the “old fashioned” way, by relying different materials to make the separation.
Original UDIMS before I migrated the model to blender:
And additional Mandili (the cloth wrapped around her head) UVs - which weren’t included in the original, since I added it a lo later:
Pitfall #2: I discovered only too late (yesterday) that in order to have a watermark-free render on RebusFarm, you must make a purchase of at least 10 Euros in worth. At he risk of being disqualified completely, I’ve decided not to pay. Here’s the watermarked main render (it’s identical to the very first image in this post, plus the pesky watermarks):