Week 1: WIP/Homework Submissions

Hey, thanks for the tip :kiss: I’m still thinking about it maybe place the scene in the near future, say 2050-2100 in a town that’s been corrupted somehow by radioactivity :radioactive: or a alien virus :alien: …or both dunno :smiley: I’m very keen on the dystopian/horror sets so for the vibe i want to achieve something among the lines of silent hill/half life/twin peaks environments :smiley: Do you have some kind of plot for your ghostly woods? Seems interesting, I just love the uneasy feeling that dark and moody woods give you, one refference that comes into mind is Mirkwood (i thinks that’s the name) from Desolation of Smaug https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXMCnVVpZiQ :smiley: :smiley: Cheers and thanks again!

Hi!
Annabelle Lord-Paré, Week 1

I want to do an environment based on my fantasy world. I want to do an Ice dragon Temple and I inspired myself with multiple temple around the world.

thx dude your sketches are great too.:sunglasses:

I really love the concept you are going for! Maybe the patterns can signify different modes like the cube that is red can have the middle top pattern and if it decides to double or split itself it can turn into the pattern with four cubes then split into four little cubes? It looks great so far can’t wait to see more of it :)!

WEEK 1
NAME:
VICTORIA TAO

Heylo everyone and thanks for this course!

I want to design an fairy glen by the sea. I might want to add some ruins or make the cliff piece ruinous. I’m not sure right now as it might be cluttering it but I might want to add like inhabitants that live in hobbit holes up to the front later like fairies or traditional small elves, etc. I do need a dark foreground bit for sure but maybe just a hill or looming tree branches.

I like using a mix of watercolor, square, and regular circle brush like david is using. i started line work first and painted over it.

Any feedback welcomed!

Apanasenko Svetlana, week 1

@Lyraina I Think these designs are great but I get what you mean. You could try looking at different cultures and see how they use Ravens and the moon in their culture and mix elements with yours :).

No need to apologize I was trying to make a joke. Your English is fine :slight_smile:

Thanks for the great tip. It actually gave me idea to have more trees interconnected through the roots. Just like mangrooves. Hmmmm it’s a nice angle to incorporate them also into the house design. I’ll definitely look into it.

Lol great houses that reminded me Game of thrones.

:smile:

Very nice sketches. I like the idea of setting the industrial port into less depressing area. Maybe you could show the beginning of decay and influence on the nature.

Week 1

Cool idea with the head. Also the way you described it reminded of movie Eragon. (they were also showing it on tv earlier today :smiley: ) But there’s a scene close to the end where he dives into river and comes up into cavern lit by torches. It could be an interesting setting for you. I was trying to look it up on youtube to send you link but I couldn’t find it instead I’m sending images.

They are not perfect but could be something to look into for you.

@stotka totka I love these designs :)! Will they be on land or surrounded by water?

Hey everyone! It was a rough week for me between school and work but I managed to get something together! This program is a little tricky to get the hang of, but I think I’m starting to get it. I wanted to make some kind of Islander-like execution site. I finally get a whole day to myself on sunday so I’ll be delving into this program head first tomorrow morning! Really like it so far though.

Hmm don’t know. Probably depends on what design I go for. I think the closest to the water will be some kind of shore or river bank. Its really hard to do this kind of design language!

Had so much fun with this! I’m going to try to design a Witch Queen’s estate :slight_smile:

Thank you, that title sounds familiar, not sure if I’ve seen it. I’ll have to see if I can find it online. Thanks for the idea.

Gulcan Yigit- Week 1

This is my very very first time drawing environment piece. I tried to draw column but i have struggle with perspective. Actually i am a character artist and as you see i drew column with fantastic character. I did not have enough time to draw so i did some basic column design for fantastic cave.

Okay so after expending a bit of brain matter to install Corel Painter 2019, I GOT IT! And, I rendered out two today. Just two for now. I started on a tower I want to complete so maybe it’s 2 and a half :stuck_out_tongue:

This is somewhat based on a very vivid dream I had in June 2017 that I had, where I found myself on a strange Island that had Celto-Indonesian vibes. I didn’t want to be late for the homework, so here we are!

Enviro1