Week 1: WIP/Homework Submissions

Hi, here’s the link for all of the videos and WIP posts: https://forums.cgsociety.org/c/sponsored-courses

Unfortunately, I don’t see a link for the Webinar Replay. Perhaps they will post it a bit later.

I agree, the turtle shell is awesome.
The dome shaped house came off as a “steel plate” house at first, but now I see it’s based on that cute adobe structure.

Hey ! Awesome entries everyone! Does anyone know where I can find the replay of the webinar? I am from europe and the live takes place at 4am so couldn’t attend…thanks!

Hey everyone,

I’m going to try to reset my browser, I’m having trouble responding to individual posts for kind words and constructive critique; I’m not really sure what is going on with that. I click reply on a post in the thread, compose a reply, but they keep ending up at the bottom of the main thread. I hope this issue doesn’t persist into the next post, as I am interested in participating and helping each other grow!

J.

Finally, I hope it’s not too late.

I would like to create a scene from an “Ancient Oasis”, I still feel I have a lot of ideas to explore, but I am thinking of create a fusion of ancient Egyptian and Art Deco styles.

I hope to bring interesting pieces in the next stages.

@JustinMcMedia I think this is how the forum is supposed to work - you can see at the bottom of a post if there are replies, and can click on that to see them, but the reply itself will be put to the bottom of the thread. If you want people notified, it’s best to tag them with “@”. Whether a post is a reply to someone is indicated on the right side (little arrow to the other perons’s avatar).
That’s at least as far as I figured it out so far, new to this place as well :slight_smile: It does make conversation a little bit hard to track, particularly when talking to several people in one post.

Alexander Kämpe, Week 1

A little late although quite satisfied so far. Going with a fantasy theme based in a forest glen. Magical energy that activates mystically infused objects in a key-like fashion. Thinking about the having a gateway / portal as mentioned before.

Really liked what happened with the statue head, will probably be a major feature in the final version.

That’s wicked!

Thanks man! I hope I can create a nice composition to portray this part of the story.

Nice explorations and idea!

Evelyn Morse, Week 1
Oh dear, I’ve been sick so I didn’t get this done in time, but better late than never!

I’m aiming for a friendly, nostalgic, old forest setting full of forgotten things. I think a lot of my reference work last week was just me trying to figure out the feeling of everything

@eaMarian I really like how your line art is so focused on form that it leaves you a lot of room to develop detail and light later. You visualize the core shape of what you want very well. I think that is a great skill.

Thanks for the heads-up @Lyraina It makes it a bit cumbersome to share thoughts, so sorry for spamming the group.

I think you’ve got a great concept here @derjeger There are enough similar elements to Celts and the Pagan era Romans to allow that to blend nicely, and I can see how your vision of scale can allow many elements in Celtic art styles room to be larger than is usually seen. I love the idea of the knotwork detail being more fully realized on that horse monument and the sides of an arch.

@Arief I really find your set of studies to be very expansive and well referenced and thought out. I think youor piece will have a great amount of detail for this diligence and I can’t wait to see what your rough layouts for week 2 look like.

Rachel Finley, week 1 submission
Like a few people I’ve been sick and am late to submit.
My idea is to do a village for fairies or “little people” (like borrowers maybe) set deep in a twisted forest.
I did mine in separate files since I’m used o zooming into my drawings while keeping my reference the same size. (I can combine files into one if this makes viewing easier)
I did another sketch bouncing my previous sketches against each other and realized everything feels a little disjointed and it’s hard to really tell that the houses are actually tiny and that the trees are not just huge.

Scott Payne, Week 1 submission.
I might be too late ? If I’m allowed I will try to catch up or keep following along in the shadows .

Scott Payne Week 1

my new tablet is coming in soon. this one I have right now isn’t very good :slight_smile:

Daniel R. - First Week

Hello, following my study, I think of making a futuristic city composition, but I have no idea of the focus of the illustration, whether it will be something far or near. Thank you!

Hello,

I beg pardon for being late and hope I am allowed to enter and catch up with the rest.

I decided to experiment and make something that is off my usual set of themes. The idea is to create an environment that would be a visualization of recollection of a game or movie character. A scene that character explores as if having a nostalgic reminiscence of a moment in his life.

Yet it is pretty vague idea but I hope to shape it up soon. Also I look forward to explore Painter a bit deeper as it always appealed to me but I am still reluctant to invest in it having old good PS at hand.

Pavel Goloviy, Week 1.

Hello everyone,
I’m glad to see your work ! Here my submission for week 1 :

I imagined a mysterious forest with magics where brave adventurous can find ancient ruins

Stephanie D - Week 01