I have started redoing the W3D viewer now. It will eventually be both an object viewer as well as a architectural walkthrough app. No programming on your part needed, just export to W3D and you are set.
- Scalable window, you can stretch the window borders as well as maximize/minimize it.
- Click anywhere inside the 3D view with left mouse button to rotate (all directions).
- Click anywhere inside the 3D view with right mouse button to zoom (up/down).
- Click anywhere inside the 3D view with both mouse buttons to move (all directions).
- All textures are set to 24 bit instead of 16 (no alpha support, but will be fixed at a later stage).
- Toggle between Y and Z as the up axis.
- Configuration of the application through an external settings (XML) file, change texture settings as well as eventual unit settings (for walk speed and such).
- A web version.
Current version is available here:
W3D Viewer v.2