I would like to introduce you VoidFlow 1.0 - tool to create various crystal structures.
Builded geometry based on Voronoi tesselation. User adds a mesh object as Base, script builds particles automatically and uses them as centers of Voronoi polyhedrons.
Particles consists of two parts:
- Units - the centers of polyhedrons.
- Voids - the centers of voids to cut polyhedrons. (Each unit is also a void)
Well, the fact is you can use selected vertices as units and all vertices as voids to create some fantastic geometry very easily.
- Use Particle FLow to edit the units and the voids.
- Set Weight spinner less then 1.0 to create spaces between polyhedrons.
- Use any geometry as Unit object.
So test it and post you findings in this thread.
To run: MAXScript / Run Script / voidflow.mse