This seems to be a system issue rather than a C4D issue. But I’m only experiencing it in C4D (multiple versions of C4D), and it’s persisted even after resetting my C4D preferences, rebooting, etc. However, I’m not experiencing anything odd in any other part of my Windows workstation or in any toher program.
What exactly is happening?
- If I left click in the viewport and move my mouse, my camera pushes in and out. Or the object I’ve selected increases/decreases in size. Not sure why.
- This means I can’t select or move handles. My camera just dollies when I try to, or the object changes size.
- If I right click in the viewport, sometimes my camera rolls on the B axis. Or it dollies in and out. Or the object increases in size. I can’t do anything in the viewport that doesn’t mess something up.
- I can’t select keyframes in the Timeline. My timeline zooms in and out, or the playhead moves back and forth as if I’m holding the J key. But I’m not. If I jam the J key hard, the symptoms change, but they don’t get fixed.
- I can’t click/drag selection boxes in the timeline (at least some of the time). Again the symptoms keep changing if I whack different keys.
It’s as if some of my keyboard keys are sticking, but I just typed a whole essay in Microsoft word without any issues whatsoever. I can use/navigate Houdini as well without any problem.
If I reboot my workstation, things are ok for a short bit, and then it all wigs out again. I tried opening an older version of Cinema, and the same things occurred immediately.
I am at a complete loss, and I can’t get squat done for work.