Video tutorials on setting up bones etc?

Hi im alright at modeling i guess but im trying to try out animating stuff. I know the very basics of it like click animate then move it and adding keyframes, but i have no idea really on using bones to animated stuff like say a character or making a simple cylinder move like an arm just to test it out. I’ve read and triwed a couple of tutorials but i just seem to get lost in them and i think i’d find it easier if i just saw and example of how others do it, so i was just wondering if there were any floating about, cause i cant seem to find any vid tutorials on this. Thank you

heh, try this:

1. create cylinder
  2. make 3 bones inside of it and make fins, so bone fits cylinder
  3. on cylinder select skin modifier, and add in 3 bones
  4. try to move or rotate bones

For character i can’t say you because i’m trying to make my octopus move :smiley:

try this

http://www.academicsuperstore.com/market/marketdisp.html?PartNo=716788

its very basic but absolutly powerful. there are several parts(ithink). the prize is fair in realation to that what you are getting with it.

Thanks for the replys, i tried what you said and it worked so i guess i’m off to a good start, will this only work with basic shapes like cylinders cubes etc? thanks

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.