Video Game Characters - Phosphor (fps), Erik Asorson Studios (3D)

Title: Video Game Characters - Phosphor (fps)
Name: Erik Asorson Studios
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop

These are characters created for Phosphor; an upcoming First Person Shooter game from Rasterwerks. It is a real-time 3d multiplayer FPS which will run directly in the web browser. Our polygon budget was 2,000 triangles per character with a single 512x512 texture. The style of the characters is purposely typical due to the nature of the project.

You can see some of the animations at our website: www.erikasorson.com

The future website for the game is: www.rasterwerks.com

Credits:

Art Direction/3d Modeling: Erik Asorson
Conceptual Design: Michael Corriero
Textures: Benoit Regimbal
Rig/Pose/Animation: Rod Stafford

Great, clean, efficient use of polygons and textures. Given the polycount I find the female character rather shapely. It’s nice to see a different body type once in a while. Excellent work!!! :thumbsup: I look forward to the browser shooter.

your stuff kicks ass, no two ways about it!

great character. i love the concept.
good skills.
good luck with the project.

Great work, the polyflow is very clean.

Low-poly model
and each one have two different texture
different camp?

I also saw jedi at the website~
Nice work~

Very clean Modeling. Nice textures. Did u hand paint all the textures? or are they baked from a hi poly model?

Beautiful models and amazing textures! Very cool - can’t wait to see the game! My only little bit of crit would be the similarity in character proportions. They are all very stocky. Maybe varying the body shapes could add a bit of visual diversity and contrast. Apart from that, great job there - keep em coming!

Great Work !Amazing texturing
Very beautiful!

I played one of the beta tests, and it’s pretty fun game. It will surprise most because it’s pretty good-looking for something that’s playing directly in your browser. You can compare it to Unreal Tournament (1). Only then…in a web browser, slightly less prettier and somewhat harder to controll. But this is the beta, which was a long time ago. I’m sure it has improved.
These models will fit nicely in the game, as I said, very Unrealish (the game:))

By the way, pretty stupid of those women to not wear body armor around their stomach ^^. Beauty hurts

I’m amazed by how good these look. Such clean models - so few polys and the textures rock! I can only dream of being able to do that. :slight_smile:

Great modeling and perfect textures. Very good stuff. :thumbsup:

Hi Erik,
I like your texture map and your modeling is awesome !!!

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.