Veichle: Hot Wheels toy car

Hello everybody!
This is my last work, just in time for this winter vacations!

Since I was a little boy I always liked those fantastic Hot Wheels cars, and this work is ment to be a sort of tribute to those toys who made me happy for a long long time… and maybe they still do!! :wink:

Anyway, I hope you like it.

As always, C&C are always welcome!

Hot Wheels renders

See ya and Happy new year!!

Hello again! :wink:

Here I post another pic, hope you like it!

Serious C&C are always welcome :wink:

Please let me know what you think about the whole work.

—> New Pic

Cheers,
Stefano :wavey:

Sorry pal, but these files show only weird letters. There’s something wrong with the extension (.txt !?)

I really would like to see those Hot Wheel things , because I know them very well.

i can see them (internet explorer 5.0) but the extension is strange, why not jpg?!

nice cars :thumbsup:

Hello Dane, here I post the two pics (located on a different server)!

The TXT extension was a workaround to a Geocities issue.
Geocities doesn’t like hyperlinks, and someone on this forum suggested this trick.
Unfortunately it seems not to work on all the browsers.

This is the biggest version.

And this is the same plus other details.

Hope you’ll be able to see the pics this time :slight_smile:

Bye bye!

Very well done.

Very well done, a little crit though:

The window material doesn’t look like real plastic and has a little bit to much specular reflection on it.

Great job anyway

GreetZ

Dane

Originally posted by Invisible Dane
[B]Very well done, a little crit though:

The window material doesn’t look like real plastic and has a little bit to much specular reflection on it.

Great job anyway

GreetZ

Dane [/B]

Id have to agree with dane. The windows look alittle like chrome…
But the image does bring back some good memories…

Hi again!

I’m glad you liked the pics :slight_smile:

He he, and I agree with you, the windows look chromed, but it’s just because they are really chromed!
It’s the same chromed plastic of the “engine” you can see in the rear part of the model! :wink:

Anyway, thanks again guys!

in the 2nd perspective shot,. the paint seems to be too reflective. Id drop the reflectivity just a little so its not so reflective. I know, Hotwheels are shiny, but this one looks like it just got a few coats of clear :slight_smile:

Hi Slice56!

I agree with you, maybe the paint is a bit too reflective! He he, it shines like a diamond!

The next versoin I’m working on will be a little more dull :wink:

Thanks a lot!

Can we see wireframe? When you modeled, did you take photos of the car in differ views for reference?

Here it is a semi-wireframe I’ve just prepared!

And yes, I took some pic with a digital camera, but also used a chap caliper to better mach the car shape.

Excuse my ignorance…What is a chap caliper?:shrug:

Ehm, sorry… I mean “cheap” caliper!

:blush:

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.