Vehicle: BMW Z10

Hi… Here is a design I’ve been working on the several previous days. It’s a front engine supercar from BMW to compete with MB’s Mclaren SLR… there is no official word from BMW saying that a car ´like this will see the light, but I just love the idea of a BMW Gt coupe.

All three images are made in photoshop the middle one was done using only the mous, no tablet (I generally don’t use it) and no thumbnail sketch. the other two are just deigitally rendered pencil sketches, also no tablet.

I hope you like it, crits are welcome

second and third are really nice

the first doesn’t look quite right IMO,it maybe the angle

Very nice!! I just love the second and third. May I, with your permission, make a 3D model based on your sketches?

thats a really gr8 design, works well for a bmw.

Thanx for the comments guys:thumbsup:

May I, with your permission, make a 3D model based on your sketches?
I’ve got no problem with that, since you’ll state my name as the designer of the car :slight_smile:

Great work! :thumbsup:

The problem with the first one is the front left wheel. It’s angled the wrong direction (Z axis) and it throws off the whole car.

I really like the second and third concepts. :slight_smile:

I’m curious though… Why on earth would you prefer using a mouse to a tablet? A mouse is slower and more clumsy than a tablet, not to mention you have no pressure control. What would be the advantage to using a mouse over a tablet?

~M~

dgpilot:
Thanx for the comment :slight_smile:

The problem with the first one is the front left wheel. It’s angled the wrong direction (Z axis) and it throws off the whole car.

The front left wheel is turned intionnally to the right… I always draw cars with turning front wheels, maybe the angle of the image makes it look off, or maybe you’re right:D

Malachi Maloney:
You seem not to be the first one hating the front view, lol
There is really no certain advantage to using a mous over a tablet, it’s just that I can control it better. I do have a tablet, but it’s too small and I cannot control the pen well, needs more practicing… when I get to using it more often, I’ll buy a larger one.

Use the tablet more often, trust me, you’ll love it once you get used to it. :slight_smile:

~M~

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.