Utility Mech, Patrasciuc Cristian (3D)

Title: Utility Mech
Name: Patrasciuc Cristian
Software: 3ds max, Digital Fusion, Photoshop, VRay

This is my newest work. A utility mech/robot. I made this following a concept found on the web, but also changing some parts for different reasons. I used 3DMax7 (modeling, shading, lighting), VRay (rendering), Digital Fusion and PhotoShop (post-processing). I tried to make the robot as realistic as I could, and reduce the number of errors (it still contains errors, but they are … litte ones). I hope you like it and I’ll probably make an animation with it, too.
Enjoy!

Later edit: Concept by Nathan Campbell http://www.conceptart.org/artist/nathan-campbell/images/nathan-campbell-3b.jpg

sweet ass render!!!..i love those details…cant wait to see the animation of it!!..sweet

ur rendering is so nice its give a realistic look patrasciuc and the modelling its really explains the detail of the work.

Clean and crisp render you’ve got there. Maybe the robot could have a more dynamic pose and|or a bit more separated from the background.

Would love to see an animation!

Nice Bot. I think the design looks very believable.

Hauke

yep i like that too …

nice lightning and sublte use of the dof
the dsign is cool too …
:thumbsup:

go baby go…

hai cu spor si la mai mare baaa Cristi baaa

translation: no comment

i would change the material of the claws, looks to bland.

coming back to this picture i do realise that it would imho look better if teh robot would be more dirty/weathered … right now it look a bit too shiny and out of the box new

coming back to this picture i do realise that it would imho look better if teh robot would be more dirty/weathered … right now it look a bit too shiny and out of the box new

congrats man :thumbsup:
can’t wait to see the small animation :scream:

Awesome work:thumbsup:

there’s some nice robots here today! great job, and I like how you textured and rendered him. I prefer robots without rust.

this design belongs to nathan campbell
you can see it here:
http://www.conceptart.org/artist/nathan-campbell/

you should give him credit and not just say “a concept i found online” since he did all the work for you.

great work man, this is cool. :slight_smile:

Cool work! Very nice modeling. :thumbsup:
4 stars.

The design is quite nice. I like the look a lot. I wonder if it would be controlled by remote or if commands would be given to it another way. Great Job.

Thank you all for the good words. I didn’t want to make him rusty because after making the “Psycho Mom” scene I’m sick of painting dirt, rust and other things like that. So I wanted to make him clean.

@Gal: Thank you for providing the link to the concept. I didn’t want to hide the author of the concept, but I couldn’t remember. I wanted to make a robot/mech for a long time. I searched the web for concepts and saved them to my hard drive. After a few months (exams & stuff) I decided which concept should I follow, but I couldn’t remember where did I get it from. And the concept wasn’t make especially for me …

Can an admin add the link in my first post so there won’t be problems. Just add: “Concept by Nathan Campbell: <link>”

Thank you again.

nathan made a good design there, it’s very flowing. very good mech design.
by the way you can edit the first post your self.

Good job and clean render => 4 * :thumbsup: .

Is the background a mat or a rendered mesh ?