Uplift Universe - Image Entry: Tiziano Baracchi

Hey Tiziano, your image really looks great!! Love the blue tones and light for the background zone. I think you need to put some blue lights over the zeron and the girl on the right part ( now you are working on the painting passes :D) Only a comment my friend :slight_smile: Again, I really love great environment on your illustration!! Cheers !! :beer:

In my opinion, it is finished. Do you see anything that I missed?

And now the story.

After a long time the answer to ‘Is there other sentient life in the universe?’ has come, and Earth doesn’t like the answer.

The Zeron are here, they are high energy, featureless shape-shifters. More than that, much like lichen they are the fusion of two species, to produce a new Zeron an ‘energy seed’ has to combine with another being, and humans have the highest compatibility.
Are they ‘evil conquerors’? Would it be right to condemn them to extinction? Is there another solution?

These human maquis aren’t concerned with
philosophical dilemmas, they believe they are fighting for human survival. Often, though, things aren’t how they look.

I can’t see anything to crit :slight_smile: It is beautiful Thaldir

No crits from me :slight_smile: Congrats :bounce: You did a fine piece (again).

Looks great to me. I like your story too

Hey Tiziano,
Theres only one thing that sticks out to me, and maybe it’s because the resolution on the image is low right now. The tan guy with the helmet background right, it looks like a chunk from the square thing above him fell of and it’s about to hit him ontop of his head. I hope that makes sense. Besides that wonderful piece. Brad

Thank you!
Fernando, I think we posted at the same time…as you can see I had gone a slightly different way about light for the 'white/green’pair, hope that works for you.

Linda, Martin, Mark thank you my friends! :slight_smile:

Brad, you’re perfectly right, it wasn’t clear what the white thing was,the wall is in better shape now :wink: thank you!

Hi Tiziano, I think maybe you should add a ray of light shining from the big window above the Zeron guy in the bg, similar to the one you have in your midground.

Other than that, really solid work! Congratulations!

The drop of light onto the rear characters has made the image nicely!!, Beautiful work :slight_smile:

A snapshot of Tiziano’s mind :smiley:

Congratz,

Marley

Sorry I haven’t dropped by in a while, Tiziano. I’ve had family visiting and been really busy. You’ve done a great job finishing this up. It looks terrfic!

As for crits, I agree with Jerome’s suggestion of a sunbeam coming through the rear window like the one we see in the mid-ground. I also happen to think that the shadows on the midground figures - especially the green Zeron - feel too washed out and light for the rest of the peice. The foreground characters have nice dark shadows, but the clincher for me is the blue lady in the far background, even she looks nice and heavily shadowed. By contrast, the green lady feels like she’s just getting too much bvounced light on her backside.

One other idea, not a crit per se but something that I think would look great: You have that strong hilight on the left by the shape-shifter’s face and left shoulder. What about some light bloom there, a bit of a glow outside the boundeary of the sculpture? I think that would look great!

But the whole thing already looks great. Nice work! Now it’s back to work for me…

Thank you Jerome, Marley and Mike, really appreciated. :slight_smile:

I’ve added the light on the blue one, as per general suggestion, worked a bit on the shadows in the middle ground and toned down the lights on the green, I’ve also added a bit of halo on the stone-head as you suggested, Mike (It’s great to see you here, but please, don’t feel bad about not commenting, I know how busy life can get).

Anything else, something overdone? :slight_smile:

One thing…I’ll need a title and I haven’t the foggiest, ‘Ambush’ is already taken…

Beautiful artpiece Thaldir. The only thing I can say is, that window; dunno. Maybe rethink that shape; maybe change the hue of the ‘sky’ light. Maybe its the resolution, the actual pic being even more perfect; maybe its just me. - But really, a very nice piece of art.

Thank you, Drew.
The first idea was to imply/represent a certain level of damage to the building, but all in all it was limited to the breaching of the window and not really needed. Window has been repaired :slight_smile:
Also I’ve eliminated the statue that was just behind the red one’s visor, I think it reads better now.

…And I’m still looking for a title.

I think the fine tuning is over. The piece is finished and it’s gorgeous ! You could rest now.

Colour palette, athmosphear, storytelling, composition: all works perfectly ! :thumbsup:

I concord with BaronImpossible: a winner !

Hi Tiziano

sorry I am late!

it’s really a great work,
so it’ s very hard to give you some crit,
but only my personal opinion:

I think every thing is too clear here,
you can make some thing more further or not too eye-catching,
i divide some area,

1: area 1, can be more dark and blur, like cover a slight fog for
make it more further and reduce the contrast,

2:area 2, the back fo the pillars can be more
dark a little, now it’s too clear, it can give it a slight fog too,
maybe reduce the reflection of it.
just a bit for viewers can more focus on the main characters,

3: you can give the left girl some shadow for separate her and the head sculpture,
and in the right side, maybe give it a slightly spot light will help the mood and make focus.

4: then it can give the two man some lighting in this area, because they are in the
dark area, some bright will enhance the focus,

that’s only my think of, however, you did a great job!
cheers, hope you all the best in this challenge!
good luck mate!

Alon

wow, I see you have done the spot light,
that’s as the same as what I think,
great !

congrats

Beautifull, I really like the way that you have combined the more clasical elements of the structures with the futuristic characters.

Andreas, thank you! I love the athmosphere that comes from mixing history with SF, I’m glad you appreciate it too. :-).

Alon, thank you so much for taking the time to come and give me such good advice, most of what you have suggested has been done (a couple of small things were done already thanks to some other precious advice) and I really like the result, here it is.

Given that the original story was posted a few versions back I think it is better to re-post it, here it comes:

Fatamorgana

After a long time the answer to ‘Is there other sentient life in the universe?’ has come, and Earth doesn’t like the answer.

The Zeron are here, they are high energy, featureless shape-shifters. More than that, much like lichen they are the fusion of two species, to produce a new Zeron an ‘energy seed’ has to combine with another being, and humans have the highest compatibility.
Are they ‘evil conquerors’? Would it be right to condemn them to extinction? Is there another solution?

These human maquis aren’t concerned with
philosophical dilemmas, they believe they are fighting for human survival. Often, though, things aren’t how they look.

sensational finale Tiz!! :bounce: :stuck_out_tongue: :love: even my senior at work had a good gawking session :smiley: :smiley: you really outdone yourself this time! :stuck_out_tongue: all the best to you bro! congratulations! :thumbsup: :applause:

Congratulations Tiziano Wonderful piece.