Uplift Universe - Image Entry: Simon Dominic Brewer

This looks awesome already! The more details you add the better it looks (naturally), love the detail on the upper planet and the subsurface scattering on the fins of the flying creatures. I also like the curves and the sense of movement and lightness.

I agree about the humans – but I’m sure you’re not through with them yet. Anyway it’s fascinating how everything crystallizes more and more.

I pull my hat mate, great work!!! I love it!

Cheers,

Dimitri.

Great progress :applause:

Only one crit IMHO is the small tree on the forground which gives a false impression of scale. Looks like a big oak and not like a shrub :shrug:
Anyway this will be a great piece of art :lightbulb

woah, nice progress here. nice picture with nice mood and colors. good luck man …

HornlessUnicorn - Thanks for your comments, much appreciated :slight_smile:

Nomad - That’s a good point about the tree, I’ll see what I can do about that! Cheers :thumbsup:

wueste - Thanks, good luck to you too!

the coolest interpretation of topic I’ve seen so far. Almost feel the slight gravitation…and the fun of riding theese things!:slight_smile:

good luck!

Wow, I’m lovin’ this! Can’t wait to see the final piece

I don’t know if this letterbox format is helping at all with this image as far as scale goes. It could be that or the composition is just not as strong as should be, I am leaning towards the format of the image though. I can’t put my finger on the problem though. The image flows nicely. It is beautifully rendered still. Colors are good and I still like it.

Love those aliens of yours, very nice.

– double post - site acting up –

OK, I’ll try again to post (site performance is getting worse by the day)…

simonx2 - Thanks v much :slight_smile:

japetus - Cheers, shouldn’t be long now!

beelow - If I were doing it again I’d make the main beast bigger and tip it more towards the camera, but I think I’m going to leave it like it is composition-wise now. Thanks for your comments, always helpful :thumbsup:

michael-olszak - Cheers!

Removed that bush / tree thing. May put something else in its place but not sure yet. Finished first detail pass. Just the fine detail to do, now.

Haha, first pass? It all looks detailed :slight_smile:

that workstation snapshot is interesting. i love that colour picking box, that seems to be very helpful,

Looking at the image itself, yea just smashing…loving the cumulus by the moon down the back there, thats just one of many little touches that helps to bring this too life…(hehe dunno bout those aliens though :stuck_out_tongue: )

More fine work mate :slight_smile:

Marley

Lappisch - Heh, but there’s more to come :wink:

LightSovereign - Until recently I’d always ignored the Colour Set tool because I couldn’t see a use for it. I used it when I was bored one day and now I can’t imagine not using it. I find it’s a really useful tool to allow variation in hue and avoid that digital look. Still, glad you like it! :slight_smile:

Interesting… It’s vaguely Dali-esque. For some reason, it kind of reminds me of Hieronymus Bosch, too…

Very festive in its coloring. With the ships in the sky it looks and feels like a victory has been won. Fantastic work! Very Inspiring!
Cheers,
Brad

vmulligan - Heh, I should have given the aliens long pointy legs :slight_smile:

sasquatch70 - Cheers, glad you like it

I like what you did to the human - before that his posture was a bit unnatural - now it looks great - only the leg needs some more work - I think -, it’s just a feeling, as if something is not quite right.

Awesome work - as I said before :slight_smile:
:thumbsup:

geez at this rate you could paint an animation!

fantastic work. I really like the sky and the color choices.

amazing painting and really fast execution !
I love the color palette ! the movement is nice too.