Uplift Universe - Image Entry: Dimitrij Marufow

First, sorry for not comming by here sooner :blush:

Your piece looks good. When I first looked at your piece, without knowing the story behind it, I thought this was the alien’s home planet. You know: alien = alien planet. But I can also see, that it wouldn’t make sense, if the alien had to wear a suit to survive on its own planet :slight_smile:

I actually like beelow’s paintover a bit more, but if that doesn’t follow your vision, of course you shouldn’t chance anything.

Report X3H 39087

Exobotanist Erod Braskoor.

“We were studying the famous and mysterious silicon-based “sand corals” on Zwootik 5. I was taking measurements and tissue samples in sector Zeta 23 when I heard a strange sound behind me.

I turned around and saw an ethereal sphere of blue light only a few meters from me. The next moment out of the light stepped this strange spidery thing as if it came out of nowhere. After a few seconds of shock the voice of my suit awakened me out of my paralysis “Commencing defensive transformation stage one
” I felt how the suit began to transform and all I could do was to think “NO! Stop defensive transformation!”. I don’t know why I said that, but when I saw the eyes of the creature inside the “spider” I knew, don’t ask me how or why, that there was no danger.

We approached each other in absolute silence. What could words express in such a moment? Even if we could understand each other – words fail in a situation like this; something else takes over, something infinitely bigger than thoughts and words. I know this might sound crazy but in a way I felt as if I was looking into a mirror, when I placed my hand on the transparent bubble of the alien’s environmental vehicle. We may look very different and yet there’s only one consciousness. Whenever we look into the eyes of another we look into our own depths.”

Thanks for stopping by, Martin!

I guess there’s no big story in my image. But as soon as I heard about the contest that was what I had in mind. The moment of contact. The moment when words fail and emotions take over. It’s funny but the sense of touch is the most basic sense. All our other senses are based on it - when we see light waves (or photons) hit sensitive cells in our retina, when we hear sound waves (or moving air molecules) hit a membrane in our ear…

All the best,

Dimitrij.

Dimitrij, you’ve finished! Well done mate and good luck to you! :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot, Bill!!

All the best and good luck to you as well, mate!! :buttrock:

Hey Dimitrij, really great image! very strong with great style :thumbsup: I like a lot the environment and colors on the illustration, cool!! The design for the alien and the spider ship is awesome. You transmit a very mystic feeling with yor image, with a great calm comunication between the human and the alien, I like a lot that !! The story for your image is nice and complement perfectly your great illustration:thumbsup: . Congrats Dimitrij for your finale!! And now is time for a well deserved cold beers with a big tequila bottle :smiley: Cheers mate!! :beer: + :beer:

Well done Dimitrij! Sorry for not posting here earlier. I think you’ve done a terrific job with the outlandish landscape and creating a situation that can be understood without any prior explanation.

Congrats mate.

I’ve made some additional changes. To give the image more depth etc.

A huge thank you to everyone taking part in this! And good luck!

Here’s the story again:

Report X3H 39087

Exobotanist Erod Braskoor.

“We were studying the famous and mysterious silicon-based “sand corals” on Zwootik 5. I was taking measurements and tissue samples in sector Zeta 23 when I heard a strange sound behind me.

I turned around and saw an ethereal sphere of blue light only a few meters from me. The next moment out of the light stepped this strange spidery thing as if it came out of nowhere. After a few seconds of shock the voice of my suit awakened me out of my paralysis “Commencing defensive transformation stage one
” I felt how the suit began to transform and all I could do was to think “NO! Stop defensive transformation!”. I don’t know why I thought that, but when I saw the eyes of the creature inside the “spider” I knew, don’t ask me how or why, that there was no danger.

We approached each other in absolute silence. What could words express in such a moment? Even if we could understand each other – words fail in a situation like this; something else takes over, something infinitely bigger than thoughts and words. I know this might sound crazy but in a way I felt as if I was looking into a mirror, when I placed my hand on the transparent bubble of the alien’s environmental vehicle. We may look very different and yet there’s only one consciousness. Whenever we look into the eyes of another we look into our own depths.”

Ferx and GaeasHerald: Thank you so much for your feedback, Fernando and Gerardo! You guys made my day :slight_smile:

Cheers (with an enourmous bottle of Tequila ) :beer: :wavey:

All the best and good luck in the contest!!

Dimitrij.

Hi Dimitrij, so you are finally done!!! Congratulations! You definitely made positive final touches to your artwork! I do admire the amount of careful thoughts and energy you have put into your piece. Cheers!

Hey Donglu! :slight_smile: :wavey:

Thanks a lot for your feedback and congrats!
All the best and good luck!!

Cheers,

Dimitrij.

Great job! Best of luck My friend. Brad

Hi Brad! Thank you so much :slight_smile: And best of luck to you as well :slight_smile: my friend!

Cheers,:beer:

Dimitrij.

Hey Dimitrij, congrats mate! :slight_smile: You finished but ı have just saw. Really great image. Environment is too bewitching. Fantastic illumination and cool composition. Aliens is very very avesome. I like your imagine. :drool: Well done mate.

Cheers,

Ahmet

a touching story i agree with.
The image express perfectly the mood of the story.
Great work.
:applause:

ahmetekn: Ahmet! Thank you so much for the kind words and positive feedback, mate :slight_smile: I’m glad you like my work.

OZ: Hello Fabio! Thank you for your comments and for stopping by :slight_smile:

The best of luck to you, my friends!

Cheers,

Dimitrij.

A beautiful moment to a beautiful piece of art Dimitrij… Good Luck buddy.

very very beautiful

Hey Dimitrij,

Thanks for the help with my signature. I know it’s pathetic, but this whole process has been a little confusing at times. Take care. Brad

Dragneye: Hi Drew! Thanks a lot for your comment, buddy :slight_smile:

nightwoodwolf: Thanks a lot, John :slight_smile:

sasquatch70: No problem - I’m glad I could help and I don’t think it’s pathetic - show me someone who knows everything:D

Cheers, my friends and good luck to all :slight_smile:

Dimitrij.