Uplift Universe - Image Entry: Bill Corbett

Well done! I love all the motion going on in this image and the mood that you have captured with your palette.
So you have finished with four weeks remaining until the deadline. :surprised
I have to get my skates on!

Good luck!

Matt - Thanks v much, I appreciate all the support you’ve given me through this :slight_smile:

Paul - Thanks, I still have 4 weeks to change it if the mood comes over me I guess :slight_smile:

you made it. those clouds and ground very hard indeed. love those guys hanging. one of my favorites. great scale as well.!

good luck !

Great final image, mate! Congratulations! Love the whole idea :):thumbsup:

:bowdown:

Daniel - Thanks v much :slight_smile:
Dimitrij - Thanks mate :slight_smile:

bravo Bill well done! congrats on this very trippy image !very very nice one:beer:

Hi Bill ! :wavey:
Thanks so much for the support! About your entry the color’s development are done in a great level of professionalism! I really like all the people and alien concepts you have done, the flowers that look like starfish are awesome! I am sure you got all your ideas together since the Final does look as it! , I’ll be here to support you for sure if there’s a change in your mind, or mood as you mentioned, hope you won’t because this looks so from other world! Excellent!:scream: And sorry for dropping by to your thread so late! :sad:

WOW! When i look the very first time at your image (5 mins ago)…i asked myself what damn meaning have that cool scene…
Something reminds me some sort of extreme experience…then i read the story…
in one word…great.
After reading i felt that “already” a good idea makes good images…
ur stuff are well designed and very well coloured also.
COol coOL StufF!

Mathieu - Thanks very much, I guess trippy is the perfect description :smiley:

Axel - Thankyou I very much appreciate your words :slight_smile:

Fabio - I’m really glad you like my idea and my rendering :slight_smile: Thanks, it’s most appreciated.

Really nice!! I love the concept and the excecution is great too. You 2d guys are making me wonder why I am bothering with all this 3D nonsense.

This is such a fantastic image, not only I do love the concept, but also the colour choice and composition. It has a real classic Sci -fi illustation look about it, it reminds me of the golden age of sci-fi illustation (the 70’s). Superb!:thumbsup:

Yea, agreed, it really does feel lik ea classic illustration of old.

Bloody dumbasses after their next fix…The bane of civilization :wip:

gratz on your entry bill…One of my favourites

Marley

Whoa, what did that bug eat? Cool concept with great execution!

Great entry Pearlyking. I agree with a previous poster… a real nice trippy pic :slight_smile: - Great style also. Good Luck with this bud.

John - Thanks v much, it’s funny I wish I could do the 3d thing but I’m really crap at it!

Andrew - I appreciate that very much I do love retro styles when it comes to fantasy and sci-fi :slight_smile: Thanks!

Marley - Hey, you hit the nail on the head. It’s typical of human beings to exploit any opportunity for a free high! Thanks mate!

Peter - I was thinking that they eat the toxic gases and ‘fart’ out non toxic ones :smiley: Thanks for coming back for another look!

Drew - Cheers I appreciate that v much!

Your entry is one of my favorites for this contest. The scene is great. Now for the critique,
you need to really take the the characters and bring out their emotions, actions, and story… etc… The landscape is telling the story, not the characters. look forward to seeing htis one finished.

Very nice story and great image.
You tried to apply the sharp filter?
perhaps the result is interesting.

Brian - Thanks for your input! I’m still scratching my chin about adding another character to the mix to balance the landscape, so far I haven’t come up with much :frowning: There might be another update left in me though. Did you have something in mind?

Marcos - The full size image is pretty sharp, but maybe I should use the unsharpen mask a few times and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion!

Hey Bill, love that image!! Really great!! Awesome enviroment and light for the whole painting, great feeling and style on it!! :thumbsup: Congratulations for this awesome artwork!! Cheers mate!! Time for a really well deserved cold beers!! :beer:

hey man! great image
been a pleasure workng along side you :slight_smile:

best of luck mate,

A