Uplift Universe - Image Entry: Bill Corbett

Story: They say the cloud bugs of Ross 154 excrete a potent hallucinogen if you stimulated their tentacles for any prolonged amount of time. I guess that’s why gas-riders have the highest mortality rate in the ‘extreme’ sports groups

Background: I guess I have a cynical view of humanity. Once I had thought about an alien enviroment and the creatures that live there I only had to think about how we would exploit that!

Update: Detailed the right hand rocks and added a little haze behing them to finish.

Hey, how about adding some spectators running along the path down there to watch? This way, we could have some cool depth of field using the humans as a visual aid, from foreground to background.

Some of them could be climbing up the rock mounds to join in the fun as well. We still have plenty of time left! :slight_smile:

That’s a wild, exciting image. I love it!

looks really cool and I agree with mdavid I love it

Iban - Thanks v much :slight_smile:

Matthieu - Thanks very much. I followed your suggestion slightly whilst I was refining the rocks on the right. I think it does help the overall perception.

Jerome - I really like your suggestion. I kinda did the perspective without guides so I will try it out and see if it works. It may well be that this isn’t the last picture, but I will be taking a break from it for a little while :slight_smile: Thanks for your input :slight_smile:

Mark - Thankyou so much :slight_smile:

Antone - Thanks, I really appreciate your words :slight_smile:

Wow, this is an excellent image, I really like the alien atmosphere you’ve created here! Congratulations on the final image. :thumbsup:

Matt :slight_smile:

Well done! I love all the motion going on in this image and the mood that you have captured with your palette.
So you have finished with four weeks remaining until the deadline. :surprised
I have to get my skates on!

Good luck!

Matt - Thanks v much, I appreciate all the support you’ve given me through this :slight_smile:

Paul - Thanks, I still have 4 weeks to change it if the mood comes over me I guess :slight_smile:

you made it. those clouds and ground very hard indeed. love those guys hanging. one of my favorites. great scale as well.!

good luck !

Great final image, mate! Congratulations! Love the whole idea :):thumbsup:

:bowdown:

Daniel - Thanks v much :slight_smile:
Dimitrij - Thanks mate :slight_smile:

bravo Bill well done! congrats on this very trippy image !very very nice one:beer:

Hi Bill ! :wavey:
Thanks so much for the support! About your entry the color’s development are done in a great level of professionalism! I really like all the people and alien concepts you have done, the flowers that look like starfish are awesome! I am sure you got all your ideas together since the Final does look as it! , I’ll be here to support you for sure if there’s a change in your mind, or mood as you mentioned, hope you won’t because this looks so from other world! Excellent!:scream: And sorry for dropping by to your thread so late! :sad:

WOW! When i look the very first time at your image (5 mins ago)…i asked myself what damn meaning have that cool scene…
Something reminds me some sort of extreme experience…then i read the story…
in one word…great.
After reading i felt that “already” a good idea makes good images…
ur stuff are well designed and very well coloured also.
COol coOL StufF!

Mathieu - Thanks very much, I guess trippy is the perfect description :smiley:

Axel - Thankyou I very much appreciate your words :slight_smile:

Fabio - I’m really glad you like my idea and my rendering :slight_smile: Thanks, it’s most appreciated.

Really nice!! I love the concept and the excecution is great too. You 2d guys are making me wonder why I am bothering with all this 3D nonsense.

This is such a fantastic image, not only I do love the concept, but also the colour choice and composition. It has a real classic Sci -fi illustation look about it, it reminds me of the golden age of sci-fi illustation (the 70’s). Superb!:thumbsup:

Yea, agreed, it really does feel lik ea classic illustration of old.

Bloody dumbasses after their next fix…The bane of civilization :wip:

gratz on your entry bill…One of my favourites

Marley

Whoa, what did that bug eat? Cool concept with great execution!

Great entry Pearlyking. I agree with a previous poster… a real nice trippy pic :slight_smile: - Great style also. Good Luck with this bud.