UPGRADES : Something I did not know......

Er, is it just me or does anyone else feel a migraine coming on after reading this thread. Behold the ‘convenience’ of a module system in all its glory :smiley:
Still, I hope to be up there with you R9 owners one day, I seriously am already too used to the hotbox, I don’t like not having it, insane (is it customizable - say for eg I don’t need the spline editors on there?).
Oh, just on a minor sidenote, I couldn’t configure my graphire 2 side buttons to v, don’t suppose anyone else has been using the demo with a graphire 2?
Cheers
Boxy

Thanks for the answer mecha.

I’ll drop Maxon an email.

/Casper

When I was originally shocked by the upgrade cost, this was why. I was planning on purchasing MOCCA and AR to go with my core; I have little interest in many of the others, and I realized that with this upgrade, if I had bought those 2 modules, I would have to pay more than XL or STUDIO users would!

However, when I thought about it a bit more, I decided I didn’t mind at all. Sure the price is a bit shocking, but in the next round of module updates, when everyone else is upset at the cost of updating TP, Net Render, PyroCluster and Dynamics, I won’t have to spend a penny (unless it’s a major upgrade, and I have to pay the “handling fee” or something).

Similarly, someone with the Core, TP, NetRender, PyroCluster, S&T, and Dynamics right now will only have to pay $295 to upgrade! (…taxes and handling fees not included…)

So, as Mecha said, I think a pricing problem with the modules is very present, but only psychologically. (Well… I’m still waiting to see the official US module upgrade prices.)

Cheers,
Josh

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.