Upgrade cost

I just recieved a pdf with price info from Programpaketet.To upgrade from
XL Bundle 8.x to XL Bundle 9 will be SEK 4.895
XL Bundle 8.x to Studio Bundle 9 will be SEK 14.595
Studio Bundle 8.x to Studio Bundle 9 will be SEK 7.350
AR 1 to AR 2 is SEK 1.695
Mocca 1 to Mocca 2 is SEK 2.895

The modules Pyrocluster, Think Particles, BodyPaint 2, Dynamics, Sketch & Toon and Net Render only needs new license numbers which will be free if ordered at the same time as the upgrade and at the latest on nov 30 2004.

/Casper

OK, I was expecting it to be more expensive than that actually. Good stuff.

I forgot to mention that the prices are without VAT/MwSt.

/Casper

Plus moms, nota bene…

As a swedish company I will pay circa €50 more than a UK or German company for a Studio+S&T upgrade. That is w/o deductable tax.
A swedish -private- buyer will most likely be the one in the world who pays the most
for R9. We have 25% VAT here…

Cheers
Lennart

Hi Lennart! I see that you’re in Uppsala as well as I.

/Casper

Yeah… the swedish VAT… one of a kind :scream:

Well we in the UK paid £100 for it, (8.0 to 8.5).
I think it was a good upgrade myself- more functional UI.
Currently I pay the same to get to Vs9 as any Vs8.0 user.

If the $150 was for PC to MAC then $150 is fine! Maxon UK charged me £75 (inc taxes) for my PC to MAC.

Once again, if you are talking about PC to Mac (or vice versa) I recommend you do not buy Mesh Surgery. I recently went from PC to MAC and was told I had to buy Mesh Surgery again. Now I have Mesh Surgery on PC and MAC, and dont need either as R9 has all the tools I use built in! I only bought the Mac version about three weeks ago. :twisted:

Whats more I cant sell the damn thing as they are serial locked!

C’est la vie!

mecha

i still use MS if you own it…a lot of its functionality just isn’t available in 8.5 or 9…so get the thing installed and start using it bud…its worth its weight in gold…and when MS2 is released…you’ll want to upgrade.
as for serials locked…unfortunately its a hazard of all plugin developers…its the only way they secure their income really.:shrug:

Hey Flingster,

I would never knock Paul and Co. who have spent months on Mesh Surgery, Storm Tracer, etc.

Thats the reason why I didnt complain about the serial locked thing and just purchased MS again on the Mac, they deserve the money they get because they plugged a massive whole in C4D! No pun intended!!

I guess it did sound a little sour didnt it!

I guess I really should get back into Mesh Surgery…

mecha

sure i know bud.

its the only way independant dev can ensure that stuff isn’t copied all over the place if its locked into c4d serial number. unfortunately you found yourself in the one thing thats not covered by this method…the fact you may have to change your serial no…because you changed os…Its good and bad about MS…good we get some of the functionality of MS in c4d…bad as maxon may have killed the goose that laid the golden egg so to speak. Its pretty tough being a plugin dev for c4d if you wanna make money as the userbase is nothing like something like max. So they all need encouraging onto bigger and better stuff for us c4d users so by buying the plugin twice…just think of it as helping the development of MS2 cause…heh heh…every cloud has a silver lining.

if you get in on the machine you now use though and just mess around with it…because there is quite a bit under the cover thats still going to be of use to you day to day.:thumbsup:

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.