Unwanted transparency with merge node

Hi all!

I´m trying to merge two animations with a merge node. I tried this before and succeed, but now the background overlay the foregorund, or the foreground has a transparency that I cannot remove. Anyway, I can´t get the second animation in full background…some help would be welcome!

do both animations have a alpha channel? if not the normal “Over” will become a “plus”

Agree. Apparently I render the background scene without passes, so no alpha there … how can I convert the merge node to “over” again? or should I get the alpha someway? (btw, u are my savior, viele danke Michael)

you can get a normal “over” when you provide an alpha for both sources. “over” is FG+BG*(1-FG_alpha). so, if you alpha of the FG is black/zero its just FG+BG.

You may create an alpha using shuffle and color correction nodes( and a few others). Show us what you got.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.