I am trying to spice up my UI with a few unicode characters.
I search for the character here:
I highlight and copy the actual graphical picture and paste in either Atom code editor or Maxscript editor in Max and execute the Macroscript install:
macroScript MyMacroscript category:“GM” toolTip:“MyMacroscript tooltip”
MycheckmarkChar = “” --UTF-16 2714
MyCamChar = “” --UTF-16 D83D DCF7
I use these character variables later in my script UI.
- I see these characters perfectly in Atom and the Maxscript editor.
- When I install this macroscript and immediately open it in Max I see all the unicode characters perfectly in the UI too.
However, after restarting Max they are all replaced with ?
- I have tried saving my .ms file that installs the Macroscript to Max, as unicode (instead of default UTF-8)
- I have also tried replacing the character in my code with Hex.
- For the check mark “\x2714” this works (after the Max restart)
- For the Camera “\xD83DDCF7” I get a ? inside a diamond straight away (even without restarting Max)
I am out of ideas!!
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!