UNCLE SAM

Image removed at request of user

image thanks due to extra time !

Rendered one pass, no Photoshop or any post, Process Described from Back to Front as Layers
(only a refresh will help to show the images below):
1.- Ground made with a .RAW file of a stone for the lambert mapping.
2.- The Caustics and scene illumination are generated from an area light behind all the elements emiting photons and pointing to the camera.
3- Clouds made with volumetric shaders over spheres using fractal textures from maya.
4.- Liquid modeled in blender (nothing random) with metaballs and deformed in maya using a blinn shader with chromatic aberration on.
5.- Fog made with maya software particles between the area light and Uncle SAM object (using maya dynamics).
6.- Uncle SAM and all the attached objects to SAM made in zbrush and shaded using car paint of mentalray shaders.
7.- Fliying dark drops made in maya with deformed spheres.
8.- Camera for render with IMAX settings with (angle of view 120).
All objects imported to maya and rendered with mentalray with raytraced primary and global ilumination, final gather and caustics.
I was trying to represent a point of view of the concept “UNCLE SAM” with an abstract and non-literal image.

[Blink and you miss the Opportunities [font=ARIAL,HELVETICA,UNIVERS][font=ARIAL,HELVETICA,UNIVERS]® | www.lorinser.tv | nvart amazing creations 2008[/font][/font]](http://www.lorinser.tv)

Mark Snoswell

In my country corruption is almost epidemic, people don’t respect rules or laws. I put my faith in cgsociety prestige and entered this contest.
Watching the last comments made to the published finalists, I ask you to retire all my 26 entries with my finalist too, because I DON’T want to be part of this dirty contest, you can delete my account too.

Man, It’s really sad you quit the contest by yourself. I didn’t foreseen people’s reaction with my complaints about the 6th rule… Cheaters should have quited, not you.

Best wishes to all

I really need to ask u something…

I have entered the nvart competition and i cant find where to talk with the other contesters about the entries and stuff.
I noticed we cant post anything at a contesters thread.
Can u advise?

Thank u very much.

I have just realized that we can talk here…

Yo all nvart viewers and contesters we can talk here…

Thanks man…

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.