UI button command

I am looking for some syntax help in attaching commands that have to do with window pane display. Example: Button/checkbox to toggle joints/geometry/curves/etc…

Heres the first way I tried it :

frameLayout -w 450 -l "Visibility" -cll true -cl false -bs "etchedOut";
columnLayout;

checkBox -l "Curve Visibility" -al left
			 -occ "string $activePanel = `getPanel -underPointer`; 

if(`modelEditor -q -nurbsCurve $activePanel `!=0)modelEditor -e -nurbsCurve 0 $activePanel ; 

else modelEditor -e -xray 1 $activePanel ;";

and I tried adding the if/else statement before UI and calling if variable is 0 or 1 and change to 1 or 0 and that didnt work either…this is possible right?

okay, here`s the code:

{
window;

frameLayout -w 450 -l “Visibility” -cll true -cl false -bs “etchedOut”;
columnLayout;
checkBox -l “Curve Visibility” -al left -cc “string $activePanel = getPanel -wf; int $value = modelEditor -q -nurbsCurves $activePanel;$value = $value==0 ? 1 : 0; modelEditor -e -nurbsCurves $value $activePanel;”;

showWindow;
}

instead of -underPointer use -withFocus ( -wf ) in order to work properly
the $value = $value==0 ? 1 : 0 sintax means that if $value is 0 it will be replaced by 1 and if it`s not 0 it will be replaced by 0.

salut.yashu.

Sorry for the delayed response, thank you for clearing it up would not have guessed to use a different flag. Is there a different syntax and course of action to use with UI commands in general or is this a special case for viewport options?

in general every UI thing (button, checkbox, etc) has the -c flag where you specify what to do when it’s clicked, etc. For instance put -c “myCommand” to execute myCommand procedure when cliked.
in the command line, type help COMMAND, where COMMAND would be “button”, “checkbox”, or any other MEL command to get a list of it’s flags and some quick help.

salut wai.pa.pa.yashu.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.