Troll Bust

Im making this troll bust for a 3d print, it has a lot of influence from blizzards WarCraft series. Im having issues sculpting the hair to make it believable, im using zbrush. Also if anyone has any suggestions on how to make the skins texture better let me know.

How big do you intend your print to be? I ask because that will also define the level of details you can build into the mesh.
What the mowhawk needs is to have less even edges at the ends of the hair. Imagine a paper fan. (or a fish fin) Down at the base everything to compressed and forms a block, but at the edges its a more concertinaed look.

Thank you. I’m looking around 4 inches tall. But I would like to just improve the sculpt as a modeling project as well

At that size, you should be able to get a lot of finer details into the printed version as well. Some other aspects that might help with the hair, would be to break it up a little into clumps.
Like I said it looks to much like a flap at the moment. But if you can “break” the fan a bit here and there a bit, that might help.

Thank you. I will give it a try.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.