"Transformers" movie in works

This is from the Hollywood Reporter, not AICN or someone’s cousin who knows someone who heard something. That means it is real. Have fun going back and forth about who you’d think would be the best director, etc.

July 23, 2004

DreamWorks, Paramount prime for Transformers

DreamWorks and Paramount Pictures have acquired the movie rights for the Transformers, Hasbro’s toy line of giant robots that morph into cars, trucks, planes, ships and other technological creations. Angry Films topper Don Murphy and Tom DeSanto, who exec produced the two “X-Men” films, are producing the live-action feature, along with Lorenzo di Bonaventura. Steven Spielberg will executive produce. In the protracted negotiations, DreamWorks beat out several other studios, with Spielberg reportedly involved in acquiring the rights. Paramount is taking international distribution rights, while DreamWorks will handle domestic. The Transformers are divided into two groups of robots, one led by Optimus Prime, who believes in tolerance and the sanctity of life, the other by Megatron, who espouses survival of the fittest and the extermination of biological life. (Borys Kit) FULL STORY

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/film/brief_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000584188

To be honest I’m surprised that it’s going to be a live action feature - if there’s a subject that would be better as a fully cg film I’d like to know.

But I guess you’ve got to have the human interest… What do you think it will be though? Family that gets torn apart, little orphan boy finds a new set of parents, rebellious teenager that gets a bad case of social responsibility?

Hot, sweaty robot on robot action.

-L

Autobots vs Al-Qaeda.

Optimus vs. Osama and his dialysis death ray

hm. i´m tired of those comic-movies. seems so that the filmcompanys doesn´t have any new ideas…

MovieMakers always go through trends, I agree that they went a little overboard. But by the time this movie makes it out the “Comic Book” Trend will be over. I personally have always been a big fan of the transformers, so its about time.

Is there really going to be a new transformers film.
I hope it’s as good as the old one.:thumbsup:

That was just exelent man.

Heard its out in July 2005.

Is this true if it is then it’s ironic isn’t it I mean the first film was set in 2005 and the newone is realeased in 2005.:shrug:

Yeah but it’s time for our nintendo generation to say “Hurrah! It’s great to be a product of the 80’s” All our childhood memories are now ripe for the rebirthing! Of course there are a few bumps here and there with the re-invention of our childhood, ie: incredible hulk, the new tmnt, to name just a few, but I have faith in dreamworks and spielberg will do the franchise justice. So long as it’s all oldskool G1 bots and none of this pokemon-style armada crap :smiley:

Matt is right, The first generation transformers had so much more character and appeal. It could have been that i was maybe convinced easier as a child, but i just don’t like the latest reincarnations. So here is hoping that they get it right! :smiley:

yeah, but no Beast Wars or Transformers Armada or the Anime one.

Ir they’re gonna make anything with Transformers, it has to be with the originals:
Optimus Prime, Megatron and the whole bunch.

HOORRRAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
i’ve just grown with those guys,i’ve seen the movie 100000… times and it still attracts me :bounce:

check this out:http://movieweb.com/news/news.php?id=4605

as long as spielberg is on this project,i’m a happy guy,hope he direct it himself,james cameron is my second choice :thumbsup:

and i will do anything to work on that project,i want to animate OPTIMUS PRIME,or MEGATRON :rolleyes: :bounce: and if there is the UNICRON,i’m gonna kill myself if they dont give it to me :stuck_out_tongue:

Its about effin time they made one.

remember what holywood have done to HEMAN? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Wouldn’t it be the dogs lucky charms if they used the original voice actors. As far as I know they’re all still alive (Apart from Unicron of course).

• allseeingi

An update on the possible director:

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/429/429810p1.html?fromint=1

It was reported recently that the frontrunners to helm the pic were Robert Zemeckis, Michael Bay and Joseph Kahn. IGN FilmForce can now reveal that at least one of those three is no longer under consideration.

According to those in the know, Bad Boys II director Michael Bay is no longer “viable” to helm The Transformers for producers Tom DeSanto and Don Murphy

No Michael Bay? Let me try and hide my dissapointment…no, I give up::bounce: :applause: :bounce: :applause: :buttrock:. Here’s seriously hoping Zemeckis wins through.

• allseeingi

The voice of StarScream (and Cobra Commander from GI Joe) passed away a few years back.

That’s a shame. Starscream had such a memorable voice… would be hard for someone else to capture… =(

He did Wheeljack as well. I think his name was Chris Latta

I really hope they dont ruin this movie. It has alot of potential.
The CG is definately going to be nice :thumbsup: