TimeStretching Animations

Messiah is great in production but there are still a few tiny things that need to be done to really enhance the workflow. Mostly features that were available in older versions and have dissapeared (???) or features that are not fully implemented yet.

I have a character that constantly has to blend between a walkcycle an a jogcycle.

I can’t use a CycleBranch to loop the cycles relative to the speed the character is walking because I do not get a nice blend between the walk and the jog cycle (different stridelengths). Feet do not stay locked.

Compose is not fully operational yet. The biggest problem is that I can’t bake (segments of) ‘tracks’. This way I would be able to speed up/down and blend animations with the composer for a rough animation. Bake the segments that need to be corrected. And correct the animation with keyframing.

I can’t timestretch selected items or groups anymore in the edit tab (??? what’s the use of leaving these options out ??? btw same shit for mirroring). Only active objects, hierarchies and all objects. My skeleton has MoveTo/Align parenting. I need accurate control over which objects motions I want to stretch. So I almost have to stretch my animation item by item. Everything is possible but it’s a drag.

And that’s about it…

I need :

• Baking ‘tracks’ in composer
  • Edit selected items and/or groups the edit tab. (also for mirroring. Although I must admit it can be achieved by creating a clip, matching it to the opposite part, mirror it and finally bake it.)

Once again I implore the messiah gods to answer the prayers of a lowlife like me.:bowdown:

You can bake tracks using ‘Bake Range’ (shift enter) with Use Computed Values selected, then use the fb_Key_Reducer plugin to get the number of keys back to a usable amount :slight_smile:

Originally posted by ljilekor
[B]Messiah is great in production but there are still a few tiny things that need to be done to really enhance the workflow. Mostly features that were available in older versions and have dissapeared (???) or features that are not fully implemented yet.

I have a character that constantly has to blend between a walkcycle an a jogcycle.

I can’t use a CycleBranch to loop the cycles relative to the speed the character is walking because I do not get a nice blend between the walk and the jog cycle (different stridelengths). Feet do not stay locked.

Compose is not fully operational yet.
[/B]

You keep making that statement. Where’s your proof? And specifically what features are you missing from project:messiah 1.5?

The biggest problem is that I can’t bake (segments of) ‘tracks’. This way I would be able to speed up/down and blend animations with the composer for a rough animation. Bake the segments that need to be corrected. And correct the animation with keyframing.

Why do you refuse to use Bake Key Range? That’s what it’s for. Baking a Track will not likely give you the results you want because of all the mix values, operators, and such; only Bake Key Range can perform the baking in the proper context using computed motion.

And btw, if you only want to bake a Clip, you can bake a portion of it. In Compose->Clips->Bake choose Bounds Range. Just set the desired range, and bake away.

I can’t timestretch selected items or groups anymore in the edit tab (??? what’s the use of leaving these options out ??? btw same shit for mirroring). Only active objects, hierarchies and all objects. My skeleton has MoveTo/Align parenting. I need accurate control over which objects motions I want to stretch. So I almost have to stretch my animation item by item. Everything is possible but it’s a drag.

I think you may not be remembering clearly… group & selection options were never a part of Transform & Distort in p:m 1.5. I know this because those modules were virtually a direct port, and would have required significant changes otherwise. But I agree that those options should be available. They’re slated for the next patch; if we can’t squeeze them in, they will appear in maintenance patch immediately thereafter.

Edit: selection was part of those modules p:m 1.5, but Groups weren’t… I have Groups on the brian!:blush:

-lyle

Sorry, forgot the bake range (shift + enter) / KeyReducer option.
I guess this will do.

I know groups weren’t available in 1.5.7. But selected Items was. That made everything possible. So I guess groups could be easily implemented in that section too (?).

Btw when will the nexx patch be released??

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.