The Treehouse, JIm Maxwell (2D)

Thanks Vasisht, I like nitpicking, usually helps me see something I haven’t noticed…I agree there’s a cleanness about the boxes and wagon, I’m sure I could paint it up a little more…

cheers

Jim

Congratulations on the CG Choice Award Jim! Well deserved. I look forward to seeing more of your work!

What I really love about this piece is the slightly surreal atmosphere created of the lightening, the perspective and the beautiful sky. To me that really makes it look like a childhood memory, or a dream you can remember. Did you consider anything like this while painting or is that just coincidental or my impression?

Anyway, masterfully done!

thanks for your comments and critiques,

NatriX, yeah I did purposely want it to have a dream-like quality, it’s based on a memory from when I was around 8 years old - when you try to visualize those things, they tend to ‘look’ a little hazy…originally I wanted the sky to look more morning-like light blues and salmon sort of tones in the sky…but the blown out quality of the light and the clouds seemed to fit best

cheers

couldnt help replying… this is the one of the best compositions i’ve seen in a while. the line from top left to bottom right carries the eye perfectly. beautiful placement of elements. composition makes you ignore the weaknesses of the image, which are very little…

It´s 2d with 3d?
Nice job, I´d like to know how it was done.

what is the light behind the wood which is on the the vihicle? sun?

Wow, your image made me feel like I was a young boy again. Makes me want to go back in time an play in a tree house like that. Beautiful rendering of a childhood memory. Congrats of the front page. Thanks for sharing.

You really impressed me by your brushwork!

good work! reminds me of childhood days as well:)

strange render but i like it.

Very nice!

Excellent Work! Inspirational indeed.
Thanks and keep it up!

Best,
ethnobot

if this is from an actual memory of yours then you had to be the luckiest kid alive

=)

:buttrock:very nice job

beautiful. =]
can’t find a single criticism, excellent work.

cool stuff :thumbsup:

great work great coloring but lighting on the heat of childern needs to be adjusted

This is a great piece. I love the mood and the perspective of the shot…good work

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.