The Soulforged, Julio C. Espada (3D)

Title: The Soulforged
Name: Julio C. Espada
Software: 3ds max, mental ray, Photoshop, ZBrush

Hi!

Here is my newest artwork. As ever, i´m deeply inspired by Fantasy Art :slight_smile:
I have used 3dsmax to model basic pieces that later in Zbrush came to live. I did a lot of Zbrushing in modeling, displacements and texturing (Projection Master is great :D). After Zbrush, it all returns to 3dsmax to get the lighting, fur and additional details. It all was rendered with Mental Ray. I had to do a lot of tricks to render without memory crashes! (original image is 2480x3507 at 300dpi)
At last, I merged all the layers in Photoshop and gave him the final light and more and more details.
If you want to see more images of the work in progress I have a thread here at cgtalk that you can reach here:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=245076&page=1&pp=15

There is a higher resolution image at my website.

Hope you like it!

woo!!!That’s amazing work!!! 4 star:buttrock: !!!

Wow, Excelent work!

Fantastic details and lightning.
His angry face is super, I like it very much.

4 stars:thumbsup: :scream:

hey man.what do u doOoOooOOooOo ?
it’s great.fantastic.crazy .every think. 5 start just.
keep up good works.

That’s simply amazing, I don’t know why you don’t have *****'s yet…?!?

Love the textures, the mood, the lighting, the photoshop-ing… absolutely beautiful!

Cheers :beer:
-Neil

WOAH! Most impressive. I like the use of color and lighting as well. He looks like an evil badass too. Some one I wouldn’t want to tangle with.

Very nice! Good work.

Thanks for your kind words :slight_smile:

WOW! The use of colour in this one really makes it pop!

Superb work.

BgDM

hey guy! you done a damn good artwork!! the modeling, texturing and lighting are well done! keep it up!

Really nice work! The only thing that I think would improve it is a slight hint of detail in the background. Right now, it’s a bit of a void with just the almost pure black night.

Fragola, I did some work on the background, but at the end i decided to turn it all to almost black to give more importance to the character. Thanks for your appreciation, and everybody for your kind words!

Great work and concept! I like the detail

Can you post some wire,

the sword blade looks a little flat (could be because of the lighting), but all the work is superb

keep up the good work

Here there are some images of the work in progress.

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=245076&page=1&pp=15

Came back for a second look because it’s such a powerful image. Thanks for the response. I’m sure you made the right decision, cause I’m lookin at it. Look forward to seeing more of your work.

This is an absolute stunnig picture. I love your lighting and your texture work aswell as your modelling skills. The expretion is superb, just gotta love this one. 4 stars from me.

• You’ve done a great job!
  • The bone material on the shoulder skull looks a little like white leather rather than bone.
  • But the rest, like the hands, face and crown, look very nice.

Enhorabuena tio, este es sin duda uno de tus mejores trabajos. Me gusta la expresividad que le has dado al personaje. Tu no seras por casualidad Ddrake? o es un amigo?

Un saludo, y sigue asi.

stupendous! kinda reminds me of the dark prince from warcraft III

Subject matter ain’t my bag- but I love the form/colors. Attention to detail is impressive, but it doesn’t distract from the main composition. In other words- amazing.

Craig