The Setup Machine??????

I am curious if anyone else who owns The setup machine is having the same problems I am.

On the 22nd of Jan., I downloaded the newest version of TSM for LW and realized it needs to be re-registered to get a new key. The instructions were to go to TSM’s website and fill out the form to recieve the new key. The form asks for the request code from the software, my LW serial number and proof of purchase, so I provided and got fatal errors on the form.

I then sent an email to TSM the same day. After a couple of days with no response, I emailed Steve at Anzovin Studios about the problem. He was very quick to respond telling me that he no longer owns TSM’s rights; that John P. Wilson (JP) had purchase it from him and was now on his own with it. Steve gave me his email and I let him know (nicely) that the website forms didn’t work and that I needed a new reg key, giving him my information again.

JP got back to me a couple of days later, telling me that I had the wrong information, so I restarted the plugin, which immediately crashed lightwave with a code 125. I sent him another email telling him that I couldn’t even get it working anymore. It’s been nearly a week since I sent him that particular email and have resent it a second time since.

Now I do have ACS 4 and motion builder, but that fact of the matter is I shelled out the 100 bucks for TSM and haven’t been able to use it. The customer service has been very poor since Steve sold the rights and I’m curious if anyone else is having the same problems. I really can’t understand why, with an upgrade of TSM from 1.2 to 1.3, would the registration key change rendering the software useless, having to through so many hurdles just to get the damn thing working.

Sorry to vent, but I’m extremely frustrated. If he’s not going to resolve the issues, I would like to get my bucks back. It would come in handy towards a LW8 upgrade.

Software keys can change between versions to deter casual piracy - it’s a fact of life unfortunately. For all the problems you have run into, when the vendor actually cares, it shouldn’t be a problem for legit users. In this case, though, it seems that something (incompetence, confusion or simply workload) has caused trouble for you and possibly others.

If you have a pressing need for the 1.3 update now, then go ahead and keep nudging the guy to get his act together, but if not, I’d suggest giving him a few days to sort out things at his end and then try again. The new owner may simply be working to get through the flood of owners like you who are hitting him up for new codes :slight_smile:

philstopford…
Thanks for your thoughts! I am just frustrated with the whole thing since it’s been over two weeks since I initially tried to make contact. John was originally with Anzinov studios for the first release so he shouldn’t have a learning curve. I wouldn’t be suprised if he was the developer.

I also understand the changing of keys between versions, but also think that if a developer is going to do that he should be ready for what follows (floods of requests).

Well I emailed him at 5am this morning. Still haven’t heard back.

I agree, TSM is a cool plugin, with terrible support!

When Anzovins owned the rights, i had amazing service and replies, and was helping Steve diagnose problems with the initial releases, However since J.P Wilson (responsible for the LW Port) bought it from Anzovins, it’s gone nowhere really fast!

No website or help, (anymore)
And i have never had it work as expected…
Another one bites the dust…

And i understand your frustrations!

Originally posted by Freak
[B]I agree, TSM is a cool plugin, with terrible support!

When Anzovins owned the rights, i had amazing service and replies, and was helping Steve diagnose problems with the initial releases, However since J.P Wilson (responsible for the LW Port) bought it from Anzovins, it’s gone nowhere really fast!

No website or help, (anymore)
And i have never had it work as expected…
Another one bites the dust…

And i understand your frustrations! [/B]

Actually, the new website links from Anzovin’s site. You are correct. Steve had excellent customer service when he ran the show. I guess I’ll write this one off as crap and continue with motionbuilder, acs4 and LW8 when it’s released.

Thanks Carbon8,

Yeah i havn’t checked out the site in sometime,
last time i checked, The link was coming soon…

But i had kind of given up, because I’d had too much trouble with the plugin, and decided go with the MB5 when it was on special.

T4D seems to have something similar to ACS4 for only $25.00
Or yeah, wait for LW8, which seems to of added a fair few tools for rigging…

I don’t do much rigging, and don’t have time to keep on TRYING
to get TSM to work as advertised.

Man, that kinda’ sucks . . . I also have TSM and, when I first bought it, I loved it; versatile, easy to setup in modeler, great controls, yadayadayada. But, I haven’t used it for squat since I bought MB4 (er, now 5 since the upgrade) . . .

Still, though, it’s a pisser when you spend the money and you can’t get no support . . .

anyway . . . Peace.

Originally posted by Freak
[B]Thanks Carbon8,

T4D seems to have something similar to ACS4 for only $25.00
Or yeah, wait for LW8, which seems to of added a fair few tools for rigging…

[/B]

At least we know T4D is a hard worker and will do what he needs to do to keep customers happy!

Still, though, it’s a pisser when you spend the money and you can’t get no support . . .

This is the problem with businesses today. No support, bad customer service.

yes, i think too.
i try it by demo and i think is good.
but poor support, i try to contact john, and after a first faat answer i nver reiceved answer to my second mail with a proposal of translation of manual in italian, and more.

i try to send again the email, i hope it answer, i also agree to give him help for many things, we work on char anim and i would like to give him a bit of support and help.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.