The Sentinel, Nykolai Aleksander (2D)

Title: The Sentinel
Name: Nykolai Aleksander
Software: Photoshop

“To you I gave my wings, because I have a reason to stay.”
“Can these wings make me fly?” he asked.
“No,” she said, “but happiness can.”

This piece meant alot to me when I painted it over the course of several weeks in 2006/2007. So it was - and probably still is - a very personal one.

Some close-ups:

Enjoy. =]

I know this cool :wink: cool feel to details gr8 skin and light TOP rate:thumbsup:

nice composition and colors, very good ambience.

Wow!! It’s a so awesome image!!
The colors and pose…and also the concept are very beautiful!!

Editing my post to add it… Five stars!!

Great job! I like it so much:thumbsup:

Thanks very much for your comments, everyone. Much appreciated, and I’m glad you like it. =]

Good to see this finally posted Nykolai, excellent work.

{plugged}

~t

Well, I’m glad there are still some people who like to see this. =]

And thanks alot! =]

Man I dig this. Good job yo.

you are an awesome colourist!
great image :thumbsup:

Gord

I love this, excellent concept. I also really like how the red of the ribbon contrasts against the background, great mood :slight_smile:

5 stars for me!!

my reel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw1CQ8vayzI

my character reel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMKH-wrmQ8Q

Wow, nice work! Only one crit, mans hand drop the shadow, whereas legs don’t have shadows. But it maybe looks like artistic method. However, nice picture.

Again, thanks everyone. =]

fabis: mhh… I just looked at it again just to make sure, and the legs drop a shadow. Unless they should drop it differently than they do, in which case I’m more than open to hear how it should be. :slight_smile:

Hah! I understand the reason why it happens. It caused by higher value of gamma in my laptop screen, this is why i can’t detect any shadows under the legs, because shadows droped by the hands is more darker in the corners, in depth and i still can see this in the laptop. But in my desktop screen it’s all right. Anyway, forget it… Picture is nice! 5 stars

love this one ! 5star!

Ahh, okay. I know what you mean, I’ve seen this piece on a few different laptops and desktops, and it always looks strange to me, especially when the screen is not callibrated at all.

Again, thanks. =]

Just AWESOME!!!

wonderful work mate :smiley:

On top of the great painting and textures, I like the balance between the green bg and the red ribbons, it adds some real life to the piece.

bRanko