The return of Ultraman

hi guys,

i graduated from Nad Center in montreal a few month ago. Yesterday my teamate and i recived an award for this 18 sec short. I’m pretty proud of it. We did it in about a month. This was a motion capture exercise.

Enjoy!

DIVX : click here
MOV : click here

That’s pretty damn funny

perfect !

nothing to say…just good work and funny video…would like to have music with it…:applause:

LOL , ultra man rocks ,

i encourage everyone to find the movie and watch it , it beats the old godzilla vs mothra movies in cheesiness.

A|i

Very funny! And superb animation! :thumbsup:

Crit:

• He has a gut…it’s a little distracting
  • The rigging could use a little attention. His knees and elbows collapsed a bit.

But again, great work none the less! :applause:

aaahaha, really cool. Like the way that it starts out, with Ultraman looking tough and serious, and then he suddenly starts dancing. Great work :thumbsup:

c tres cool mais pour l anim vous avez aucun merite a cause du motion capture mais pour le concept c cool et le render m as lair bien c tu integrer a du film ou c tout en 3d
by the way nice work

Hilarious
Very good animation:airguitar
You should add some sound/music

hehehe that’s funny :applause:

Haha, that’s great. Like the gut, he’s kinda let himself go since the old days. :smiley: Nice mocap, except for really checking out little places it’s totally a guy in a suit. The reflection on the building when he walks by is nice too. I was enslaved doing CG for power rangers for a time, so it’s getting me there…heh. That cheesy silver paint and foam they like is tough to make convincing :slight_smile:

Only thing I’d say is the camera is a little distracting, looks like you just used a couple of photos and moved them around? The ‘live’ feel is good and all, it’s just starting to be another cliche of CG, I don’t know if even amateur cameramen zoom and lose focus as often as CG does now :slight_smile: Anyway, that’s another rant.

Great stuff…you should do his further adventures, could see him leaving giant beer cans across the city.

Heyy,
That is really wonderful:) With sound it will be super :slight_smile:
Bravo…

Hahaha, check out those moves! lol. I like your camera work.

W!cked. :scream:

LOL! Laughed my head off! :thumbsup:
Good lighting.

LOL :smiley:
just add an ending and some sound and you’re done.

I wish it wasn’t motion capture :smiley:

NICE :applause:

Needs the first (beegee’s?) song from saturday night feaver!

The animation is great. But I noticed absolutely no movement in the coulds, or any objects in the “real footage” They look alot like still shots? Its very well done. You should add some music.
:thumbsup:

Nice job!
Tres Belle job, c’est tres drole!

:buttrock:

Ultraman kicks ass. what software package is that?

hey thx everyone for your comments. I’m happy you liked it .
for the mocap we used Kaydara’s software “Filmbox”. The 3d was done in sofimage 3.9 and the compositing in shake 2.2.

Nice job.