The Owl Princess, Gracjana Zielinska (2D)

Title: The Owl Princess
Name: Gracjana Zielinska
Software: Painter, Photoshop

Another Art Challenge with friends. This time the topic was: “The Owl”. Mine is an Owl Princess as you can see.

I wanted to practice painting flowers. Which was stupid. I used lots of custom brushes for the foliage. I also used a ref for the owl (random google image), as I never painted one. And a ref for flowers, of course (my own). Or actually a few. And I think I based initial tiara design on some photo, but I changed it so much, I’m not sure if it even resembles it. I still don’t know what got into me that I decided to paint such complicated foliage.

I’m quite happy with her owl-face. And it was fun to do something more stylised and painterly this time :slight_smile:

Pencil sketch, Painter and Photoshop.

Wow! Wish i had some friends to challenge with…but my friends are writers and press reporters:) Anyway, i adore your work. Great job and pozdrawiam!

Great sense of personality and otherworldliness in this piece. Its quite a striking piece. I’d love to see this character animated

Great style!! Cool and keep it up! Cheers

thanks all! glad you like it :slight_smile:

Beautiful composition! I like the neutral colors!

Very cool style, congrats :thumbsup:

Great job making her look owl-like but still keeping her beautiful! Well done! :thumbsup:

i echo that.
very good work…:).

wonderful! very nice tinge! :applause:

Oh. . . . Wow.

Not sure what else to say, shes beautiful and strange all at the same time. Amazing work

Very pretty, and just a little bit creepy. (But in a good way.) Beautiful work! :thumbsup:

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.