The Next Challenge

The Next Challenge will be coming this May.

This thread is to help us find a topic our users are interested in.

How much time would you like to work on the next challenge?

How Strict should the rules be for judging? participation?

What about community judging based off a criteria created by YOU.

Would you be interested in voting on ten story elements and basic
character, environment or Vehicle specifications that need to be hit on the completed image

Meaning instead of a topic we create a generic story element and you all post and then vote on ten
descriptive elements.

What about a Nemesis situation where all participants need to find a partner to compete against
each artist must create the character description or story for their opponent?

What Ideas do you have? We are busy updating the back end of the site to make this place more
user friendly but we are here listing and looking forward to your ideas

Christina will be the Challenge Forum Leader and can help with questions make sure to PM her here if you need help.

Just a quick suggestion.

A challenge with different part. There will be some theme charac , vehicule, enviro etc… and we do a first phase concept art and a next phase 3d artist can choose a concept and make a 3D model and ask more detail to the concept artist if needed. : )

vanish

How much time would you like to work on the next challenge?

A month seems enough to me

How Strict should the rules be for judging? participation?

I think they should have clearly set out rules. Some people may find them unfair if they are too flexible.

What about community judging based off a criteria created by YOU.

I like this idea

Would you be interested in voting on ten story elements and basic
character, environment or Vehicle specifications that need to be hit on the completed image

Meaning instead of a topic we create a generic story element and you all post and then vote on ten
descriptive elements.

I think this could get quite messy if not many people vote.

What about a Nemesis situation where all participants need to find a partner to compete against
each artist must create the character description or story for their opponent?

works great if there are even numbers

What Ideas do you have? We are busy updating the back end of the site to make this place more
user friendly but we are here listing and looking forward to your ideas

I would love to see a competition for an entire storyboard including visualisations for a whole concept. Something like a movie concept. So each month is a different element, character, matte painting, 3d environment, weapons etc. This would give each artist a dab in all areas of the field and would keep the comp fresh and exciting for everyone. Given not everyone is amazing at everything but I think this would level the field a bit as often there are pro artist in a particular field that smash all the beginners.

In my experience short focused challenge are the best ! Also something that can serve later as portfolio :slight_smile: