The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Mathias Varaste

Mathias Varaste is entered in the “The Journey Begins Challenge” update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Modeling: The Scene!

Sorry, dobble post!

Looks like it’s going to be a cool challenge! I Wish everybody good luck and have fun!

nice:)

Good luck to you!

Post edited.

Thank you Vedic! Good luck 2 u 2!
Made some changes to proportions and a new hair-do!

No journey without some solid waterproof boots, As much as she hates wearing shoes!
I guess I will need to have both displacement and bump to break up the bulkyness of these boots!
Sorry for the radical AO render, still experimenting!

Hello Mathias, I finally found your thread, I like the color mood on you sketch, and you should keep modeling, it seem like you have stopped for a while, nice boots, I don´t think you would need displacement or bump maps on then, if you are going for a cartoon style…
Ah, yes, you should paste a link to your thread in your user profile signature, so people find you easier and give you their commets… :slight_smile:
I ll be watching…! good luck man.

Thanks Nakary! I’m glad you liked it! I will try to do a semi_cartoonish style and see
where it goes.
Thanks for the tips too, I will do it!
Stay strong!
:slight_smile:

I’m gonna have to sew some curtains after this and plant tomatoes! I guess there is time enough!

Nice modelling!

cute house :slight_smile: good luck with growing those tomatoes

The modelling is great so far! I especially like the cartoony slanted house. I think the face of the character could use some tweaking to look more appealing. The eyes in particular seem a bit widely spaced and maybe a little back.

The concept seems like it could be tweaked to become more interesting as well. You’re not even going to be showing much of the great house you made! I think you could use a better camera angle.

Overall, great start! Looking forward to updates.:slight_smile:

The house is looking good!
nice concept…

good luck :wink:

Wow, So many replies! I’m so happy!
luigithekid, Thanks, I’m glad you liked it!
makaron, thank you, love your avatar, does he ever rest at all?
burpy, Thanks man! I notice the face proportions now that you mention it. Will rectify soon.
About the camera angle, o boy, it has been and is a strugle to make it right, I need to get
as much detail on the foreground as possible and still keep a vast spacey background. I
guess no one can have it all!!!
MichaelMotion, an honor to get your feedback, I like your 3D_style!

Finaly I find another norwegian in the 3D Challenge:-)
I like your modeling very much so far, and look forward to the development on this thread. It’s still a bit vague on the concept/story, though… “This girl just might happen to be about to go down this road” :smiley:

Hi again Kjell;
Thanks for the comment! I agree about this concept being vauge, cause I wasn’t so sure
about the props and camera angle and stuff, and to be honest, the girl is not even the
main character. Oh, have I revealed too much, maybe?
Sees!
:slight_smile:

you have good models with a lot of details.
good job!

nice models specialy the house. i don’t mean to bother you but i suggest you choose some more original characters, good luck:bounce:

Thanks Raul; glad you liked it!
Hi, FlaminGlow; No bother brother, You are maybe right, but this is a character based on
a true person and I really wish to do a few renders with her! I’m sure she will appreciate!
See you!