The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: Michal Matczak

Michal Matczak is entered in the “The Journey Begins Challenge” update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Concept Sketch: "Awaiting for pickup :slight_smile: "

Hey Mike!
welcome aboard… Good luck… :thumbsup:

Hey, Mike :smiley:

Thanks for welcome! Another chalenge so fast, nice :smiley: The DO keep us busy :slight_smile: OK, I’m off to make some sketches!

:bounce:

Welcome, Now u have plenty of time to work on something!:thumbsup:

Hi Michal
Welcome back dude :slight_smile:
Good luck and have fun :thumbsup:

Thanks guys, yeah, now I have plenty of time and I’ll sure have fun with it! :bounce: Got some sketches, just need to scan them. I’ll post them soon. :slight_smile:

These are some sketches I’ve picked. I tried to lay down a few ideas, trying to determine which is the best : a journey of trouts up the streams to mating grounds; some kind of little critter ( I think it could be an ant in the future ) that sets off to unknown on the other side of the Great Lake; two faerie sketches - travelling in packs; a hellish idea of a school attending.

Any comments would be much appreciated.

The first two sketches are really good. And the school one is really funny. But I couldn’t tell you which one to go with, hard to choose.

Good luck and free time!

great approach to the challemge, its good to work it out, and i love the way u handle the light…ps the scary lookin school is just too precious:thumbsup:

Dave - thanks, I’m gonna pass the “trouts jumping” one, but I’ll think of the sea and the school. I have some other ideas rolling in my head, will try to put them onto paper.

Nebezial - thank you very much for the compliment. So two votes for the schoolconcept… might be a good idea to develope it :slight_smile:

I thought of one of opening lines from “Forrest Gump” - you can tell everything from one’s shoes… where he’s been, where he was going… It made me do this sketch. :slight_smile:

First I tried to make the shoes a first plane from ground perspective, but I was missing… a background. This feelinmg made me expand my canvas a LOT further to the extent you see. :slight_smile:

I hope you like it more than the previous ones. :slight_smile: I think it has a lot of potential in it, I’ll focus on this idea.

Compo is lovely dude, stick with it and yes it has potential, good luck with this one!:cool:

Thanks, Bryce. I really appreciate it :slight_smile: Yeah, I tried to really work on the compo, before I went to shading. I’m really glad it shows :slight_smile: Tommorow - and update!

Hi!!Mike:scream:
love your sketch it have a direction in the way that you told. i like it a lot
& best of luck!!:slight_smile:

I upresed, doodled a lot with the composition ( and I hope the cottage support pole doesn’t cut it too much ) and proper perspective lines… made the stairs less wide, so that they don’t run off the page, corrected the scale of the cottage, added first texture wash… all in all - a lot of dooding. I’ve also made a principal colour scheme, but I didn’t like it, so I won’t post it untill it’s better. That will be untill tommorow I hope. :slight_smile:

I would REALLY use another two days in the week, so that I have time for everything… maybe we could gather lots of signs on a petition or something?.. :smiley: Who’s with me? :smiley:

SINAD - thanks, I’m really glad you like it and I hope you like an update as well. :slight_smile:

The sky is REALLY temp so far, I’ll be needing to use a lot of reference with the whole pic. Anyway - I hope to show some progress on the colour work tommorow.

you know, the more i see of these ‘worm’s eye view’ compositions the more i like them. i think it really works with the theme.

looking forward to seeing this one some together.

~B

PS - i think the tree breaks up the post enough to not have to worry about it separating the compostion.

The morning light is great, even without colours! :thumbsup: The perspective is allright, it works well, and the cottage support pole doesn’t cut the composition at all. But in my opinion his left tgigh is a little too long. And i don’t like the basecap. :hmm:

And yes, I’m with you and your petitition. :smiley:

hey Mike, I just uploaded my new concept…and found it creepily similar to yours!!:slight_smile: Just wanted to let you know, crazy coincidence! I think your stuff is great, especially that crazy gorilla…best of luck to you…Alex

What an amazing camera tilt. And nicely drawn too. Good luck with the challenge :slight_smile: :thumbsup: