The Day the Music Died

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Thanks!

You have not seen the levels of idiocy I am capable of. I just spilled a full glass of water on my workstation, yet I then filled another glass and put it in the same place. And spilled it again.

You don’t even have your facts straight. I hadn’t posted once on this forum the past 3 weeks and then I saw someone revived this thread and discussion was resumed. Then some ridiculous lies were made about Sarbanes-Oxley relative to software updates.

Dragged back in…

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

Infograph - Adobe should have brought the subscription model in years earlier. Life is much better with it.

ICM - Who ‘lied’ about Sarbanes Oxley? The guys working for the company that have to deal with it, and who would know how it affects them in practice better than anyone else?

By the logic exposed from the two of you, Maxon was a fine company run by nice trustworthy people before the leadership change, and after it suddenly everyone turned into liars. What a steaming load.

Software companies go through occasional speed bumps, it’s true, but the symphony of demented whining coming from you two has attained Internet-world-record levels of stupidity. It’s like global Y2K hysteria, except this time manifest within the keyboards of two people only, and provoked by the dire circumstance of whether a commercial software company should offer a low cost subscription to a large user base of willing customers. I’m pretty sure the only time I’ve ever seen anything dumber was when I read a chapter chronicling the famous last words of people qualifying for the Darwin Awards.

Go tell the Adobe customers of Venezuela how life is much better with the subscription model. Adobe has cut access without warning so all those artists who entered into a legally binding contract with Adobe now cannot access the tools of their trade due to an increase in illegal US sanctions on the country.

Think that same thing couldn’t happen with companies based in the EU? Listen to the poisonous russophobic and sinophobic rhetoric spewing from such EU luminaries as Guy Verhofstadt and Donald Tusk. This trumped up EU empire likes to throw around sanctions too so how should a Russian or Chinese artist feel comfortable entering into a contract for software when their tools of their trade could be switched off overnight.

It has become de rigueur for governments to throw around sanctions like confetti and corporations to jump straight to it in compliance, sooner or later the sanctions will impinge on your ability to do business if you don’t own your software.

Don’t say it can’t happen, it happened to the good people of Venezuela.

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

Maxon have always had their heads screwed on backwards.

They had the best UI in the business, but pissed that huge advantage away with overpricing by factor X 2 to X 3, not listening to customer requests, never giving even a tiny clue as to where the software is going next, taking years to fix or implement much needed features, always being the absolute last in the market to add Pro 3D features to the software that Maya and others already had, not doing enough R&D and so on and so forth.

Now subscriptions, 14 day internet license checks and so on.

Cinema4D is effectively DEAD. Mismanaged first by Maxon, then by Nemetschek.

R.I.P. Cinema4D.

Thank God for Blender 2.8x.