The Core, Mathieu Didier (3D)

Title: The Core
Name: Mathieu Didier
Software:

Long time i haven’t posted anything in cgtalk…this is my latest personal matte-painting , i took a picture of the jinmao building in shanghai then i build a new city around it… i used max with mental ray for modelling and render, then i put all the textures in photoshop using a lot of photographies blended with the ambiant occlusion pass .

Very Nice. Have that Star War feel. :wink:

This explain why you are in LucusArt? :stuck_out_tongue:

ohh. Pretty. The gangways from tower to tower are a nice touch. :smiley:

Rapsheba555,PKD: thanks a lot i really want not to be too close from starwars style but one thing is very sure i 've learn a lot working with Lucasfilm

Well done, nice details and render.

very nice rendering :slight_smile:

some more vehicles flying around would have been nice also.

Then, It will look more “star war”, wouldn’t it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thats a good idea though.

Nice pov through the futuristic tower rising above an early morning smog-laden city.

Excellent work, i like

Great work man, i only miss some more contrast in the overall image.
Nevertheless > awsome work man!

GrtZ, Tim

Timmer: you are 100% right i did a quick test in photoshop and looks more vibrant with more contrast…i feel like posting the image again!
schmeerlap, pitchi thanks for the comments!

effactive place!i like it :slight_smile:

Very good detailing. I liked it a lot :thumbsup:

Gorgeus shot!Great atmosphere:thumbsup:

i have updated a more contrasted version i really think it works better…

Very nice scene! :slight_smile:

I love contrast, but to be honest, I think the original version looks better - maybe 30% more like the new one, but not all the way.

Adam :slight_smile:

I absolutely love it Didier, the concept of the city is great, the sky and fading of the buildings in the background is perfect!

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.