The Character-A-Fortnight Event : CAFÉ 005

Wow, impressive! They’re both looking great. SpaceTik’s giant and default-rol, that head is really turning out to be fantastic. Nice work :slight_smile:

Sorry to say, but I can’t really work any more on this project, should have said earlier but not had time :slight_smile: . Got alot of coursework to do and catch up on so, plus im going to Download Festival this weekend :buttrock:

June 4, 2007

Great to see everybody’s giants and ideas taking shape! :thumbsup:
This is for sure a FANTASTIC THREAD FOR LEARNING, WHICH IS GREAT…:bounce: :thumbsup: :slight_smile:

Trying to get used to the transpose function in Zbrush 3
Sculpted today on the super average male figure provided in the Zbrush 3 program.
Then at the end, I scaled the figure to make him look more like a giant using the transpose function. Now I have to work on, and enlarge his hands and feet to go with the bigger proportions.
Mike…I didn’t get around to experimenting with that Z SPHERE figure that you gave me/us YET,…I got side tracked in the transpose feature using and refining the super average male figure that the program provided…:scream: …MILES AND MILES OF LEARNING AHEAD FOR ME…I’VE REALLY BEEN ENJOYING IT ALL SO FAR…FOR SURE …PURE MAGIC, TO ME ANYWAY…:bounce: :slight_smile:

TAKE CARE
Glenn

Afternoon all,

Spent a couple of hours refining him into some basic secondary form muscle groups (not touched the feet yet though as you can see.) He won’t be as defined in the final sculpt, so I’m not going to go too far with the definition.

Hey Glenn, no problem - glad you are enjoying the program!

Cheers all
MIKE :slight_smile:

<< UPDATE >>

Sorted his gesture out and refined him a bit - still not really worked on the hands, feet or forearms yet.

Cheers (again)

June 5, 2007

Top one is just playing with composition
Bottom one is proportion study
Think I got the hands and feet the right proportion to fit the body
Now it is time to fine tune and concentrate on detail

Glenn

Here’s an update from me. I have to work on some lighting issues and also finish shading and some details. Hopefully I’ll get this done tonight. Then I will colour.

I hope he’s angry looking enough.

No promises, I will see if I can get back onto this. Otherwise I may wait for the next one! :smiley:

Hey everyone,

I’m trying to get textures painted on today - but here is a default blinn shader on my model for now.

Cheers

June 6, 2007

Today I worked on the hands, arms and a little bit on the back.

Glenn

Morning all,

Early start for me today… and a late night, so here’s where I got to last night - armour testing phase. A bit proxy at the moment, just trying to get the right feel

I’m planning on spending Friday, all day, making the real armour and detail for him, then calling it “done,” and moving on to the next one.

Cheers all

SpaceTik your giant is looking great bring on the club and victims
Default nice kit dude i guess i better dress this big boy whom i now name LUMUX

haha! thanks murph! i think lumox should have 4 fingers. looking great fellas!.. ok ill have a crack at the armour when i get home!

day off tomorrow woohoo!

I’m going to call this done as I have work projects that I need to close over the next few days.

I will make a proper background and colour him at some point but not in time for the end of this session.

I’ll have to check back in a few days to see how everyone’s character turned out :slight_smile:

June 7, 2007

Worked on front torso, back torso, hair, face.
Played with composition, color and lighting.

Glenn

June 8, 2007

Fortnight Cafe 005
The Fallen Ones

Changed the pose of this character; made him look more like he is falling to go with the concept of The Fallen Giants

Glenn

June 9, 2007

Experimenting with lighting color scale and composition

Glenn

Hey all,

Great effort from everyone - my giant is still pretty “unarmed” at the moment, so I hope to correct that in the next few days… I’ll pot up the final results here.

The new CAFÉ has been posted here: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=4442015#post4442015

Cheers all and hope to see you there,

EAD – thanks…love your sketch also …^ ^…

default-rol – ohh…I see…thanks…I thought it is a workshop like this one…which is open for everyone and…free…P…nice model…wondering how you get that much of sub divisions…
I still having this problem…for the old nephilim and also this new nephilim…which I model out after I find out the old nephilim have the subd’s count problem…lll…

the new nephilim…same concept…just not that muscular like the old one…having the problem of subd’s count…not many enough to sculpt the details…so…just a model…and paint it for fun…P…^ ^…

looking forward for the next cafe…kung-fu master…^ ^…

Hey nice work eveyone. sorry i couldn’t participate in this one. had a hell of a week!!
I did some quick sketches saturday night. tought i had to do something :slight_smile:

I kind of figured that since you can’t always put a reference object to show how big something is i would use some stuff to dress the character or something. like the first one has a boat on his back. that one was not a real success but still…

in the second drawing i’ve got this big guy carriyng a street lamp. i liked this character the best an found that he really look BIG but then again too HULKY so not a real success either.

I have to say that this was a very challanging workshop. good luck on the next one.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.