Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Just got back from seeing the movie and I’m happy to report that I was not dissapointed! It’s been a long time since I saw the original but this version is a good film on it’s own. Excellent cinematography and creepy atmosphere. It’s not really scary at all, theres no scenes that make you jump you can see everything coming a mile away but that doesn’t hold the film back at all.

7/10

See, now that just pisses me off!:annoyed:

I freakin’ LOVE the Texas Chainsaw Massacre and I was so cranked about it, and I couldn’t find even ONE person to go see it with me.

I asked all the chicas I know…Hell, I even would have gone with a d00d but all the chicas and all my homenizzles are a bunch of freakin’ skeeerdy cats!!!

I knew it wasn’t going to be THAT skeeeery!

:thumbsdow

Freakin wimps!

-Dave

Anybody else have trouble finding a date for horror flicks?

Originally posted by Tex3D
I asked all the chicas I know…Hell, I even would have gone with a d00d but all the chicas and all my homenizzles are a bunch of freakin’ skeeerdy cats!!!

Do you actually talk like that in real life?:rolleyes:

-Kol.

Actually yes I do

Believe it or not:p

psssst wanna know whats even skeerier?? I design machines for multi million dollar projects paid for by multi BILLION dollar companies like DELL and Applied Materials:hmm:

Amazing but true…

-Dave

I call it the Texas English Massacre :smiley:

Originally posted by Tex3D
Anybody else have trouble finding a date for horror flicks?

Sure do…well, and regular flicks, and dinner, and pretty much any activity :rolleyes: :hmm: :smiley:

For someone who has never actually understood the draw of a movie like this, can someone enlighten me? I’ve seen the trailer, and the cinematography alone looks beautiful. Why do you guys like this stuff? Is it just that it’s scary? Can’t be, because you said it’s not really scary. So what’s the draw?

-3DZ

:smiley:

For someone who has never actually understood the draw of a movie like this, can someone enlighten me? I’ve seen the trailer, and the cinematography alone looks beautiful. Why do you guys like this stuff? Is it just that it’s scary? Can’t be, because you said it’s not really scary. So what’s the draw?

Well, I did think it was going to be scarier, but it wasn’t. I kind of went in expecting a different type of horror film and got something else instead. I still enjoyed it, I’d call it ‘horror action’ though if I had to name it. I thought the pacing was going to be a little slower and build up to the first moment the kids realize they are in serious danger. Without spoiling anything, Leatherfaces first appearance and murder happens so damn fast you don’t even have time to jump or be afraid for the guy. One other thing that kind of shorted some of the tension is that the teens got themselves into it. It isn’t like Friday the 13th or Nightmare On Elm St. Where the teens are more or less a victim of circumstance and the killers find them. These teens make incredibly stupid decisions every step of the way and put themselves into the situation where you almost feel like they deserve what they get for being so damn stupid. I mean, for the sake of story I guess, these teens completely ignore multiple warning signs that the average person would heed as ‘get the f**k outta there’. Ultimately, I found the film enjoyable because Leatherface’s entire family was interesting, and the whole area made for a beautiful movie as horror films go.

I saw the original a few weeks ago. I think it is the kind of movie that really can set up a mood, but then it sets up a mood for nothing. I really felt the atmosphere of the place when they walk around the house in day time, some machine is turned on and making noise but there’s nobody, etc. It’s a beautifull clear blue sky day on top of that, not the typical storm-on-the-horizon kinda scenery. Yet I felt the movie ended up being about nothing, and it kinda derailed at the dinner.

I don’t know how the new one is but I don’t feel like going to see it either anymore.

So it’s a pretty movie about a guy killing people in horrible ways, with some canabalism added for…er…flavor.

Yeah. I think that’s something I’ll be passing on.

-3DZ

:smiley:

Well the original one was scary as hell cuz it took awhile to set up the story. Lots of tension. Then when the killing started it was fast and furious.

I dunno I guess you had to be there.

3Dz: Its more of a horror popcorn flick. You know, sit there, eat stuff, jump once in awhile, ooh and ahhh at the glorious sound of chainsaws:drool:

-Dave

Im also into it since the original AND this one were both filmed within 5 miles of my home. Travis County indeed:cool:

No offense to anyone from Texas(meaning Tex3D,lol) but isnt this movie actually a comedy?
That girl that rates the movies on MSNBC said she laughed at it…lol

Have read some pretty harsh reviews of this version…maybe it’s unintentional comedy. :stuck_out_tongue:

Better be careful tho, Tex already has the Jason thing going, I’m sure he could have a Leatherface doggie outfitted with a jr. chainsaw in a heartbeat…

3DZEALOT - i think the average guy goes to horror flicks as a test - as in ‘how much will it take to make me flinch’.

or it could be for the boobs.

Better be careful tho, Tex already has the Jason thing going, I’m sure he could have a Leatherface doggie outfitted with a jr. chainsaw in a heartbeat…

You mean Tex3D might dress some ‘doggies’ in leather…
Now thats a horror movie in the making…AAHHHHHH!!!

runs off crying "MOMMIE MOMMIE!!!MAKE THE BAD MAN STOP"

lol

The review I read said that the cinematography was not 1/10 as good in the movie as in the trailer, which I admit was DAMN good.

However it was quite fast cuts, MTV era editing. I don’t know if this could hold up for a whole movie.

Me and my buddy went tonight. We really liked it. it was a jumpy, scary, movie. We both flew into the air a couple times.

It was fun, I wouldn’t see it again…but I enjoyed it.

-Kol.

EDIT:

That’s my buddy. He was crying the whole way through
movie, he’s like “MY MOMMY! MY MOMMY! I WANT MY
MOMMMMMMMMY!” and yeah, it was him that peed his
pants…not me :slight_smile:

I’m the guy who went theater with the guy
above me. He just pee on his pants, guys…

yeah, I enjoyed it.

chainsaw itself just scary me…I surprised that the big chainsaw guy show up very quickly and show his face. However, it was works.

cinematography looks great. well, not a perfect ,though.
lighting stuff was beautiful.

the one thing that I didn’t like was the main girl character ending part. It just doesn’t concluded.

well…overall, I love it
:thumbsup:

I have to say the sheriff was way scarier than any other character in the movie. Leatherface was dumb.

the cinematography while absolutely gorgeous by itself , didnt fit the movie at all. as someone prior to me said , you can see the danger coming from a mile away.

Half the movie was closeup shots of jessica Biels boobs and butt , while she is absolutely gorgeous that shows that the filmmakers didnt have any original ideas most of the time.

The editing is generally good , but at some parts its very very annoying , like in that scene where leatherface and the girl are fighting , she falls down , leather face gets over her gets ready to kill her with the chainsaw > 6 lightning fast cuts of some incomprehensible action > she is running away.

I would say its worth a rental but not worth seeing at the theatres.

Ok, Ok…so get this…I FINALLY tricked my beautiful blonde neighbor into going tonight. So we get there a half hour early to make sure we got a good spot and get beer.

The place that we went to was the Alamo draft house, where they have beer and food, like pizza and nachos and burgers. Its really quite a treat.

So anyways…

We figured we’d go to the 10:00 showing.

SOLD OUT!:eek:

All the showings after that were sold out too!

We THEN decided to drive to a different theater that was close by since ole’ Tex was whining like a baby…

SOLD OUT!

WTF???:surprised

I didn’t see that coming!

So to make a long story short, I didn’t get to see it tonight. I even tried getting into Kill Bill and the only seats were right under the screen.

Movie night in Austin I guess:hmm:

-Dave

Wgreen: Getting the dog into leather is easy, Its getting him OUT thats a beeeotch

3Dz: Boobs

I guess hollywood has done it’s job, because a lot of people seem to think this is a true story. It’s not. However, Leatherface is based on the real serial killer Ed Gein who did do a lot of what Leatherface does in the movie. The ‘Texas Chainsaw Massacre’ as a true crime never happened.

About Ed Gein:

"The owner, 51-year-old Ed Gein, was not in but Sheriff Schley had a warrant to search the premises. As he walked through the trash in the darkened kitchen he brushed into something hanging from the ceiling.

He turned and shone his torch on the object.

It was a naked human carcass, beheaded, disembowelled and hung upside down from a ceiling beam. Mr Schley gagged at the sight of it but managed to avoid throwing up. The carcass turned out to be the freshly gutted remains of Mrs Worden and police found her head in a burlap sack in another part of the house.

Nails had been hammered through each ear and tied together with twine, as if in readiness for the head to be hung up as a trophy. Detectives spent the entire night, and the next day, trawling through the house. What they found marked a horrific new low in the annals of American crime."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/crime/caseclosed/gein.shtml