Terminator 2 - HK Tank, Simon Joyce (3D)

Title: Terminator 2 - HK Tank
Name: Simon Joyce
Software: 3ds max, mental ray, Photoshop

I built this model for the CGS Hardcore modelling challenge. It’s a Cyberdyne Systems HK model 250/F seen in the film Terminator 2.
The entire process of modelling, texturing and compositing in Photoshop took approximately four week to complete.

Given the limited reference material available, i feel that its turned out quite well .

said it before during the challenge and i’ll say it again…
beautifull work Simon :thumbsup:

:buttrock:

What a fantastic image! Thats one bad @#$ dude, it makes me wanna go watch the movies…

I love the scene and camera angle you ended up with. Why not show off the other version too???

:cool:

thanks both of you for your comments.

As John suggested this is the alternative version of the above scene …

link to hi res

My vote for Best Diorama wasn’t whistlin’ dixie man; this model and the whole scene around it came out great :slight_smile: When I finally sat back and took in the progress you’d made to the background from where it first started, I was really blown away.

May all your projects come out (at least) as well as this one!

Since your first foray around the 3d world forums you’ve improved a lot. (a1m1m25 btw) This has turned out very smart. Always liked the designwork in T2. It’s still one of my favourite movies. :wink:

That looks pretty cool. Neat concept.

thanks for your comments guys … I appreciate it …

this is really nice, i prefer your original version with the darker hue

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.