ted opening sequence

Hi guys! I been really into title sequences these days, and recently used element 3d to create quick ones. However i do still prefer using a 3D program, personally using max here. I prefer the way i can animate a camera along splines and what not. I’m pretty decent in animating cameras and creating logos, however don’t know too much about rendering, other than interiors which i use vray for. Vray will take ages to render a title sequence animation and scanline seems to dull, unless i don’t know how to use it well.

Here is a link to the ted breakdown of the universal logo http://iloura.com/film/opening-sequence-of-ted-vfx-breakdown/

any idea what would be the best way to render title sequences that get pretty good results to that. Vray is not an option, i don’t have a super fast computer. Are there any render engines there for such things I’m not aware of? I never knew krakatoa was for rendering particles. So is there something out there?

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.