I think we need to ban together and hound them with emails requesting
“LightWave 3D”
demonstrations. They LOVE to show Maya all the time, and plenty of
Photoshop, and often, other useless things. Never LightWave. Joe and Susan
were on but it was more about independent producers (which was great) but it
wasn’t a LightWave demo.

So, contact TechTV and let them know you’d like to see a LightWave 3D demo
on their “Screen Savers”
program. Show them there are many interested LightWave users watching.

Click here to leave feedback
http://cgi.techtv.com/memberservices?view=feedback

I’ll fly out there on my own dime to do it.

Keep on wavin’

Dan Ablan
"

-Roberto

they were probably paid to say that

yawns

Well, that’s the most stupid thing I’ve heard in weeks. Money talks…

I’ll see if I can make any contacts there and help out…I would love to see some LW stuff on Tech TV

it’s techtv, honestly, who cares?

I’m going to have to agree with swampthing…i’d rather watch a show with talking monkeys

yawns
According to wgreenlee1, techtv sounds like it’s really boring.

Indeed, who cares. Let TechTV target the audience they want, just like Highend Magazine does.

Actually, the Screen Savers have only demo’d Maya and Photoshop in the two years I’ve been watching it. There has been none on 3ds max, Softimage, C4D, or countless other CG apps, let alone LightWave. I agree it would be nice to see a demo of LW on the program albeit it would be a brief one. Although I enjoy watching Leo, Patrick, & Co. (Martin Sargeant was the best, tho’) the show is manned, in all honesty, by a bunch of Fan Boys.:hmm:

I’ll drop TechTV a line anyway. Can’t hurt.

Originally posted by takkun
According to wgreenlee1, techtv sounds like it’s really boring.

no,techTV is actually pretty intresting sometimes but the thought of everyone crooning over them not showing lightwave seems rather boring
i mean whats next?dan rather didnt mention it on the evening news?

come on guys,create something for godsakes,at least create some intresting threads here…:rolleyes:

screensavers and call for help are useful programs sometimes, today they had the front man from Y&T and he demoed his home music studio and latest hardware gear for recording and producing your own cd for market.

screensavers have Bert Monroy and other digital artists gurus as guests who demonstrate new techniques and tips for photoshops. not sure if they are paid to be there, though they are peddling their wares at the end of the segments.

the problem with these shows is that they try to touch every computer subjects out there and most of the time they wind up being useless program if you are an advanced user.

I would love to have a network out there create a special 3d/2d tv show just aimed at the graphics, film and print industry. Now that would be awesome to watch. video samples of artists out there and tips to help out production time for creating new stuff. it would greatly reduce the cost of buying magazine for a few page of these articles but this forum provides all these great tips and techniques and other cool stuff to learn lightwave so i am happy either way if they talk about Lightwave or not.

72 days and counting…71…
Paul

dan rather didnt mention it on the evening news?
Whoa, I didn’t know that Dan Rather covered 3d industry news!
come on guys,create something for godsakes,at least create some intresting threads here…
There are a lot of cool, creative threads here- here’s some recent ones:

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93445 http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95285 http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95231 http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89569

Signal to Noise: Actually, the Screen Savers have only demo’d Maya and Photoshop in the two years I’ve been watching it. There has been none on 3ds max, Softimage, C4D, or countless other CG apps, let alone LightWave.
Well that stinks. If they are that limited in their scope then not just Lightwave users should write to them but 3dsmax, XSI, C4D, etc. users should write in too.

Originally posted by wgreenlee1
come on guys,create something for godsakes,at least create some intresting threads here…:rolleyes:

For a guy who pops in an out from lurking, and apparently doesn’t use the program anymore, you sure have time to chirp in here with some useless comments. If you think the thread is not interesting, please don’t participate. I would say you use the “:rolleyes:” smiley a little too often in your posts in this forum. Seems silly. If your shoe fits…

I agree with isnowboard on this one. If you feel a forum thread is pointless and don’t care, why contribute to it?, Aren’t you just helping keep it at the top?

I love watching TechTV, and I’d love to see Lightwave receive a mention.

Originally posted by pblacklock
[B]screensavers and call for help are useful programs sometimes, today they had the front man from Y&T and he demoed his home music studio and latest hardware gear for recording and producing your own cd for market.

screensavers have Bert Monroy and other digital artists gurus as guests who demonstrate new techniques and tips for photoshops. not sure if they are paid to be there, though they are peddling their wares at the end of the segments.

the problem with these shows is that they try to touch every computer subjects out there and most of the time they wind up being useless program if you are an advanced user.

I would love to have a network out there create a special 3d/2d tv show just aimed at the graphics, film and print industry. Now that would be awesome to watch. video samples of artists out there and tips to help out production time for creating new stuff. it would greatly reduce the cost of buying magazine for a few page of these articles but this forum provides all these great tips and techniques and other cool stuff to learn lightwave so i am happy either way if they talk about Lightwave or not.

72 days and counting…71…
Paul [/B]

That reminds me - there used to be a show on Knowledge TV (aka ME/U - Mind Extension University) called “Digital Gurus”. Deke McClelland was one of the hosts. I loved that show! :love: Luckily, I taped all the episodes before it went off the air.

They didn’t have much 3D stuff on there (They did show a pre-release version of Bryce once), but they had some good tips and techniques for Photoshop, Illustrator, etc., and they would sometimes devote several episodes to one software program.

I totally agree it would be great if there was a show like that about 3D apps. I guess for now we’ll have to be satisfied with 3D Buzz VTMs, though!

I’ve watched TechTV on occasion, and I’ve seen them demo some pretty useless programs. For them to say users are not interested in Lightwave is… strange.

Originally posted by proton
I’ll see if I can make any contacts there and help out…I would love to see some LW stuff on Tech TV

Hey William,

I’m a few weeks out from a first broadcast on local cable access, but TechTV is on my marketing list when I’m ready to go commercial. Let me know what you find out.

TW

Whoa, I didn’t know that Dan Rather covered 3d industry news!

No but thats whats next isnt it?Thats what you’ll be saying next right?“Lightwave on CBS or we’re gonna phone in and complain”…lol

For a guy who pops in an out from lurking, and apparently doesn’t use the program anymore, you sure have time to chirp in here with some useless comments. If you think the thread is not interesting, please don’t participate. I would say you use the “” smiley a little too often in your posts in this forum. Seems silly. If your shoe fits…

Well I see you like the fit of those shoes also…and how do you know what I have to use?You think I paid $1500 for it to gather frags on my diskdrives…lol

Aren’t you just helping keep it at the top?

I guess its intresting now…lol

C’mon guys hammer down on that lightwav.exe

No but thats whats next isnt it?Thats what you’ll be saying next right?“Lightwave on CBS or we’re gonna phone in and complain”…lol
Nope.