Symmetrical Qalaxy cluster

Hey,

I’m looking to do something like this

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRF0P7HDSKpziJ9sNvsAWjasrLizdhUV-DP3Rhi6TeL7QEI-EJ9

But I too have the particles more like they are on grids, and bunched up in clusters more.The clusters would be denser towards the middle not just a load of random particles. A little bit more matrixy and more groups of particles like small planet clusters around the main area. Does that make sense?

Any help would be great even some pointers. Thanks :slight_smile:

the image looks similar to if you would just place an omni emitter in a scene and hit play for a few frames…?

to make swirly galaxie type stuff, try heavy heavy turb with a strong drag field, like 8 or 9,
and just watch the particles stick to the turb pattern,

just a thote…

cheers
Ritchi

cheers

yeah i guess i did make it sound a little complicated. i have a volume emitter and added an emitter to that one to get the clumping but the bunches are all too close to each other.

how do i setup a radial force on per particle bases? i need them all too push away from each other a little

how do i setup a radial force on per particle bases? i need them all too push away from each other a little

fields/radial. select your particle , shift select the radial field go ;fields/use selected as source of field,
then set the max and min distance and test test test

i think,i don’t have Maya in front of me just now,

hope it helps

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.