Syflex 3.5 in Maya 8?

(Sorry double post!)

Hi,

I upgraded to Maya 8 and tried to use Syflex 3.5 in it, but it said something like “Syflex was compiled against a too old version of the Maya API”. Although that’s a pretty clear and self-explanatory error message I’m wondering if it is possible to get it working in Maya 8 anyway?

Thanks!

I have the same exact error. Except I didn’t upgrade my Maya from 7 to 8. I had Maya 8 from the start. And I bought SyFlex 3 or 4 days ago.

I think I may have caused the problem by running Maya without logging out/restarting my computer after the installation. I was running an anti-virus app at the time and couldn’t. After the anti-virus was finished I forgot that I had to log out and opened up Maya.

I have tried to reinstall SyFlex, but it didn’t work. It gave me the same error.

Sounds very unlikely that not restarting caused the problem. I don’t know when my company purchased Syflex, but it was definetly not 3 or 4 days ago. So maybe at this time Syflex wasn’t compiled for Maya 8. Did you already ask for support?

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.