Surreptitious thread/post deletion

I think it would be quite neat if the mods could let us know when one of our threads/posts is deleted. Even something effortless, such as “You’re thread/post was deleted, dill-hole”. Or, if they were in an especially good mood, they could even give us a hint as to why the thread/post was deleted. It would save us the frustration of trying to view a reply that no longer exists, and wondering what the Hell the reply actually said (and whether or not this reply was the cause of the thread/post deletion). Just a thought (probably soon to be deleted;)).

I assume you are talking about your "Powerful masterpiece! 2D Environment: Red X! " thread , real funny.

Do you really need explanation for why thats deleted? ,

and please stop it with these public stunt threads , you can easily PM a mod if you so need the info.

Do a lot of your posts get deleted?

Originally posted by Sheep Factory
[B]I assume you are talking about your "Powerful masterpiece! 2D Environment: Red X! " thread , real funny.

Do you really need explanation for why thats deleted? ,

and please stop it with these public stunt threads , you can easily PM a mod if you so need the info. [/B]

ROFLMAO @ Array :scream:

Hookflash, please read the CG Talk Policy - if you post totally pointless threads that have absolutely no value (ie the one Sheep Factory mentioned) then you should expect that it will be removed :shrug:

If there is a political/complaint reason why a thread is removed, then the author of the thread is generally notified with a reason for the removal. Pointless threads don’t deserve an explanation, as far as I am concerned.

Ouch:eek:. Point taken. I guess I’ll stop with “these public stunt threads” (all one of them):curious:. Good thing you stamped this one out before things got out of control. Very close call:rolleyes:.

Time is like a streaming river, rolling through the great expanse of your life experiences. The birds can sing, the sky can always be blue, and every thing you ever wanted can be had in this land of your mind. With this in mind, I think it would be better to build a foundation and a good solid home rather than to try to put up a shanty made of plastic and tinfoil. Afterall, tinfoil has been proven to not block alien mind control anymore. Apparently they figure out an earth concept called ‘marketing’.

Do yourself a favor and think in terms of knowledge and experience rather than in terms of trying to find the easy answers. Answers such as the ones sought in folly, are to be taken as folly.

Follow your heart grasshoppa… and temper it with your mind. Assuming that a mind can be found, then all your skies can be blue. (Even if I occaisionally like a grey sky, dark vistas and the odd monster from hell with a billion tentacles)

Cheers

Mayday, mayday…!

Maybe sometime the mods should take down a count of the number of pointless-useless-‘witty’ threads (often practically exact duplicates of each other, all from people who think they’re being original and clever) they have to kill or delete on this site each day. Maybe if you knew just how often it happens, Hookflash, you’d see how misplaced your sarcasm about things getting out of control is… That stuff gets old. Very, very old.

Originally posted by Gnarly Cranium
Maybe sometime the mods should take down a count of the number of pointless-useless-‘witty’ threads (often practically exact duplicates of each other, all from people who think they’re being original and clever) they have to kill or delete on this site each day. Maybe if you knew just how often it happens, Hookflash, you’d see how misplaced your sarcasm about things getting out of control is… That stuff gets old. Very, very old.

we keep track of the threads that we delete, and the offendors which cause the threads to be deleted.

EDIT:

well, technically they arent deleted, just moved to another part of the site which only the mods can access

EDIT: Thoughtless (yet therapeutic) rant deleted.

Seriously Hookflash, cool it. You’re digging yourself in deeper with every reply now - your earlier response was hardly “jovial” what with that rolling eyes face and all. And now you call us “cranky” and “elitist” - you’re not making any friends with comments like that. Perhaps the reason that you don’t get replies to your threads is because your attitude pisses people off.

So CG Talk is depressing? Then go somewhere else and make yourself happy, since as far as I am concerned, it’s just your threads that are depressing.

Really man, get a grip. This is a forum for CG, not a forum for publicising your insecurities and melodramatics.

I’m not trying to be mean here, just reasonable. Take a look at your comments on this forum and then ask yourself why people are being cranky with you :wink:

Well I certainly make the attempt. I know I only have 200 posts, but I do try to make the attempt to have every post I make be worth posting. I could have 1000 posts right now if I made one line comments on every thread I read regularly. It was something that I learned in the past, that if I had something to say that I felt should be said… to make the post or comment mean something more than idle chatter. I will admit to making one line comments on occaision in support of my friends who post things on this forum. I see this forum as almost a second retreat from my daily routine. I have real friends here, and I believe in the community. Now, there is not much in the way of a contribution in 'Awesome! :thumbsup: ’ and I feel these kinds of comments are detracting from the content as opposed to being useful.

Now occaisionally I make posts that later I have to remove my foot from my mouth, as the one about discreet showed. It is a learning experience. By the way, they did add a line to their press release and it is much more appropriate now. Whether they did that because of my email to them or not, does not matter. :smiley: The point I am making here is this: stand up for what you believe in, don’t make it personal. Have fun but do not make it nonsense.

Of course, I think my friends already know I am slightly insane. But then again, the shadow people on my walls love me. And that is all that matters… :cool:

Cheers

Originally posted by Hookflash
Does every post on these depressing forums have to be profound & life-changing?

Your thread/post was deleted, dill-hole.

Originally posted by Array

now thats a stunt…one wonders how a car ends up in what looks like the second stary of a house…and sideways…or maybe its ps…and none of this ever hapened…maybe none of us exist but are only the imagination of a self aware planet strugeling to ponder its own existence…

Now HERE´S a nice thread for me to share some interesting facts I just learned about the physical properties of celery…:cool:

Did someone say celery? :wink:

But which would win in a fight, celery or anti-lock brakes?

I thikn after 10 deleted threads, the mods have the right to edit your avatar into something embarrasing and demeaning :slight_smile: It would be the CG equivilant of the dunce cap.

m

Please refer to this http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65243

Also hookflash I deleted your post, and I didn’t send a pm why because it was a pointless thread, a red x? Really.

I’ve been watching your replies as of late and it’s not good. Just take sometime and relax.

salud